Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DeVille Does DeMock

Legend

User Info Menu

DeVille Does DeMock

My sig has changed 3 or 4 times at this point... But, 3 weeks out, here's what I'd do (not necessarily what the team will do).
    1. Jarvis Jones, OLB, UGA
    Why: OLB is one of the bigger team needs. At a minimum, Worilds needs competition. I've warmed up to idea that a mid-rounder makes more sense, it's difficult to pas son (statistically) one of the best football players in all of the NCAA last year. Easy decision to take a consensus top 5 player (before measurables). The team lucks into Jones - let's hope he's a stud.

2. Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
    Why: With the questions surrounding Sean Spence, ILB is also a big need. Foote underperformed and Minter was the best player on a very good LSU defense. "First to react on tape", is what the experts say most - much like Spence.

3. Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
    Why: The team is fortunate his hammy made him clock 4.5 at the combine, he has clocked 4.33 in the past. Hard working, good kid will be a a long-time starter. Steal at this place in the draft. I want this kid on the team!!!

4. Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
    Why: I know, I know, he's hurt - a SECOND time. But, before that injury, he was arguably the top back in his draft. High character kid who speaks to youth groups at churches. I'm OK with waiting a year to get THAT player. Before you discount it, would you give a 4th rounder to have had McGahee's career? (I know he went earlier in his draft, but, you get my point).

5. Montori Hughes, NT, Tenn-Martin
    Why: Casey may have seen his last days in BnG. Not many of us is sold on McClendon... Here's another guy to battle it out.

6. Omoregie Uzzi, OG, Georgia Tech
    Why: Hard hitter, with athleticism to pull and/or get to the 2nd level. Will need to gain a few lbs, but, was a competitor on a bad Ga Tech team. Good value at this point in the draft.

7. Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
    Why: He's 6'7" with great hands, and presents a mismatch for most defenders. He needs to work on his blocking, but, could immediately fill in as a short-yardage/red-zone target. If you recognize the name, he's Christian's nephew

There ya have it. Here's an interesting tidbit...
    Most confident pick: Aaron Dobson
    Least confident pick: Jarvis Jones
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought for sure you would have the Steelers selecting TE Tyler Eifert in Round 1...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Happy days- you get to add 1 more player with your Comp pick in Round 6.

Psst- might want to add a SS/FS type...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

DeDandy Mock

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That is a remarkably cogent and comprehensive mock draft whose foundational premises address the Steelers multitudinous deficiencies while providing substantive depth at several essential positions.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like your draft. I'm not sure Jarvis is gonna be there. Seems everyone has him slotted for us at 17 but he's just too good a player.

Not sure I'd go ILB in round 2 because Foote can hold it down until we see if Spence can come back. I'd give it a year and likely grab someone next year if needed. I like the pick, but would probably start thinking DB at that spot or somewhere.

I like the rest of your picks. Not to get nit picky on a 7th rounder, but I think Fauria is Matt Spaeth part 2. At least you're using a 7th on him instead of a 3rd But I think he's too tall to ever be an effective blocker and I just don't see him fitting the Steelers mold for that reason.

I think you hit on great players in rounds 1-4. I'd be really happy with those 4.

Starter

User Info Menu

Nice mock Deville.

If Minter is there in round 2 we run to the podium!

I do think safety is a big need, but if the draft unfolds as in your mock it will be a good one.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not sure I'd go ILB in round 2 because Foote can hold it down until we see if Spence can come back. I'd give it a year and likely grab someone next year if needed. I like the pick, but would probably start thinking DB at that spot or somewhere.
    My thinking there is if spence can come back, these two battle it out for starting position... if spence cannot come back, the team isn't scrambling for a ILB next year and maybe over-drafting someone
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    My thinking there is if spence can come back, these two battle it out for starting position... if spence cannot come back, the team isn't scrambling for a ILB next year and maybe over-drafting someone
    That's why I'd be ok with the pick. You can never have too many good players and I think he's a baller.

Actually, if Spence came back, we might have 2 ILBs and be able to reconsider Timmons at ROLB if we don't land a guy like Jarvis. I still think if given the time to learn the position, Timmons' explosiveness would be a weapon very few could match at ROLB. If we had let him there for 2 years, I seriously think he coulda put up 20 sacks in a season if Lebeau let him blitz enough.

Another consideration is with Spence, Minter, and Timmons, you've got a great set of 4-3 LBs if you ever wanted to run that D.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You and a couple others are selling me on Dobson, I'll have to check him out!
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska