Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Several Steeler Roster Moves Made Today

Backup

User Info Menu

Several Steeler Roster Moves Made Today

[URL]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-make-roster-moves/a1fac1a8-2b05-4c14-bc32-b573cdf2d397[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

I hope Ta'amu plays 50% of the game. Gotta know what we have in him
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Backup

User Info Menu

Its also interesting that they signed another DT to the active roster. This tells me that Hampton is done as a Steeler after tomorrow.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toddjammin View Post
    Its also interesting that they signed another DT to the active roster. This tells me that Hampton is done as a Steeler after tomorrow.
    You might be right. He has played well for many more years than could be expected, for a guy playing that tough of a position, at that weight. Amazing his knees lasted this long. He will probably be in for a very painful life by middle age. Do you think it's possible they are eying going to a 4-3?

Legend

User Info Menu

We've had some good luck with DLinemen from BYU. Hopefully Hebron Fangupo is the next in line. I was reading the BYU coaching staff say he's the strongest player they've ever coached.

He's built a lot like Hampton. Interesting prospect for a NT. Maybe someone's seen him play at USC. He played there 2 years where he got injured. Then he transferred to BYU. Sounds like an interesting kid. Went on his Mormon mission to the Phillippines for 2 years, so he's probably well grounded and a hard worker. Sounds like he could be a hidden gem if he continues with us during the offseason. Might be a nice little project. I'm pretty excited to see if he gets any snaps.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers claim DT Hebron Fangupo

By T.J. Doyle on Dec 29

The Pittsburgh Steelers added former Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Hebron Fangupo via waivers on Saturday in preparation for the Week 17 finale against the Cleveland Browns.

The Pittsburgh Steelers continued making roster moves Saturday in preparation for their Week 17 season finale against the Cleveland Browns, claiming defensive tackle Hebron Fangupo off of waivers from the Seattle Seahawks.

Fangupo played college ball at USC and then BYU, after serving a two-year mission in the Philippines. He was not selected in the 2012 NFL Draft, and was signed by the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent. After being released by the Texans, Fangupo reunited with former college coach Pete Carroll in Seattle as a practice squad player, before finally being promoted to the active roster just over a week ago by the Seahawks.

In addition to claiming Fangupo off waivers, the Steelers signed signed nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu and wide receiver David Gilreath from their practice squad on Friday for Sunday's game against Cleveland. Wide receiver Mike Wallace, tackle Mike Adams, and cornerback Curtis Brown, already ruled out for Sunday's game, were placed on injured reserve Friday.

[URL]http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2012/12/29/3815668/hebron-fangupo-steelers-waiver-claim[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Steelers claim DT Hebron Fangupo

By T.J. Doyle on Dec 29

The Pittsburgh Steelers added former Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Hebron Fangupo via waivers on Saturday in preparation for the Week 17 finale against the Cleveland Browns.

The Pittsburgh Steelers continued making roster moves Saturday in preparation for their Week 17 season finale against the Cleveland Browns, claiming defensive tackle Hebron Fangupo off of waivers from the Seattle Seahawks.

Fangupo played college ball at USC and then BYU, after serving a two-year mission in the Philippines. He was not selected in the 2012 NFL Draft, and was signed by the Houston Texans as an undrafted free agent. After being released by the Texans, Fangupo reunited with former college coach Pete Carroll in Seattle as a practice squad player, before finally being promoted to the active roster just over a week ago by the Seahawks.

In addition to claiming Fangupo off waivers, the Steelers signed signed nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu and wide receiver David Gilreath from their practice squad on Friday for Sunday's game against Cleveland. Wide receiver Mike Wallace, tackle Mike Adams, and cornerback Curtis Brown, already ruled out for Sunday's game, were placed on injured reserve Friday.

[URL]http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2012/12/29/3815668/hebron-fangupo-steelers-waiver-claim[/URL]
    I remember a couple people having Fangupo in their mock drafts when he came out. Hope we find a gem in one of these guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by isonator07 View Post
    I remember a couple people having Fangupo in their mock drafts when he came out. Hope we find a gem in one of these guys.
    yeah, I had us taking Fangupo in the 6th round in my final mock draft, he's a very wide big boy...

Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I liked Loni Fangupo going into the draft last year (I liked Alameda Ta'Amu as well). Hopefully at least one of these guys develop into a player.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I liked Loni Fangupo going into the draft last year (I liked Alameda Ta'Amu as well). Hopefully at least one of these guys develop into a player.
    the Steelers probably liked both of them but when they traded up for Ta'amu took Fangupo off their board.

once the Seahawks made Fangupo available, it made sense for us to claim him off waivers to provide some much needed depth and competition at the NT position.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha