Thread: Tomlin-era bad personnel decisions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    Bad = letting Kuhn Go and keeping that other horrible dude that he had a feeling about. (RB/FB) can't even remember his name.
    Carey Davis?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Carey Davis?
    That was it!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know I'm going to get blasted for this but I think Lamarr Woodley is a pylon out on the field much too often. I would rather have a player out there who shows up every game and on every play. He's the Willie Parker of the defense who in opinion will be out of the league in a couple of years.
    Last edited by Prowler; 04-12-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
    I know I'm going to get blasted for this but I think Lamarr Woodley is a pylon out on the field much too often. I would rather have a player out there who shows up every game and on every play. He's the Willie Parker of the defense who in opinion will be out of the league in a couple of years.
    I won't go that far by any means, but Woodley has a lot to prove to me. He just got paid last off-season, and proceeded to take two months paid vacation time as far as I'm concerned. To me, hamstrings tend to come as a result of putting too much force before the muscle is ready. i.e. If you don't properly prepare your hamstring for game-day workloads, it won't respond. I think he didn't properly prepare, then hurt himself, and cost his team the chance to make it to the Super Bowl.

I guess right now (hindsight being 20/20), I would say drafting those two linemen (Hood and Heyward) in the first round. I hope I am proven wrong... and I understand that we had a need there. (In '09, I wanted Jairus Byrd.) But these two hold a key to our fortunes this year and beyond. Hood's going into his 4th year--time to produce. Time to set that edge like you're supposed, like #91 did for a decade. You can't rely on Hampton anymore. Heyward--sorry buddy, you are getting lumped in with Hood. It's time to grow up fast. We don't need you to be a back-up, with training wheels on. We need you and/or Hood to SEIZE the opportunity, and make an impact.