Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Young money

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

look, heath had a bad game as well. i didn't think last week was particularly strong with him either - but even when he plays poorly, there has been a tremendous difference for the better with him in the lineup. it doesn't really matter however. there are soooo many issues with this team on both sides of the ball it's not even worth the effort to try to drill it down to one or two.

really sad however that troy appears completely healthy and is playing great football - well the rest of the team has declined around him.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    TE is the least of our worries. JJ was the right pick. I would have been happy with a TE later in the draft, but I would have drafted most of the guys that we did draft. I think we had a solid draft overall. Most people just want something to complain about. I get it.
    Reread my post .. not a shot against the JJ pick in it ... my thoughts were geared more towards the upcoming draft. And, I would be disappointed if we took a TE in the first in the upcoming draft. Soooo ... wasn't complaining about the last draft, and I guess you don't get it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    That lack of a "Go To" WR still pops up during game situations. Even with questions regarding OL & DL, if the Steelers get a shot at a legit #1 WR type, that's the direction Chadman wants to go.

Then a NT.
    But what if Joeckel is there? Hard to say we don't need help at LT...
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    look, heath had a bad game as well. i didn't think last week was particularly strong with him either - but even when he plays poorly, there has been a tremendous difference for the better with him in the lineup. it doesn't really matter however. there are soooo many issues with this team on both sides of the ball it's not even worth the effort to try to drill it down to one or two.

really sad however that troy appears completely healthy and is playing great football - well the rest of the team has declined around him.
    I don't think Troy is playing that great, bad angles and missed tackles. Just like the run by McFadden when Vince W. Was taking on the lineman. Bozo spun around away from the only place where the RB could run and spun himself right out of a tackle.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    not for "quick" hitting WR Screens that always go to the right side

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    not for "quick" hitting WR Screens that always go to the right side
    That is true...LoL.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Having a WR that is essentially open, even when covered, will make the OL play better in itself, as the QB won't have to wait for his WR's to get open for so long.

With 2 first rounders & 2 second rounders, not to mention trading for another former 1st round OT - at what point do you need to give this investment time to succeed?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Our D is what lost this game. (Suisham helped.)
    Really? Our offense can't score. points are what lose games. I didn't see the game, but I did see that we caused a couple of turnovers. I'm pretty sure we looked pathetic across the board, but our offense needs to start scoring points. We are 28th in the league at scoring points averaging just over 17ppg. That is pathetic

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Reread my post .. not a shot against the JJ pick in it ... my thoughts were geared more towards the upcoming draft. And, I would be disappointed if we took a TE in the first in the upcoming draft. Soooo ... wasn't complaining about the last draft, and I guess you don't get it.
    So you were just rambling about how bad Heath is and how he may never be the same while talking about the draft at the same time? makes sense. There were only two TE's in the last draft that I would have taken and in both rounds we took the right guy. You don't replace super stars with late round draft picks. We need to start looking at TE, but a year or two down the road. The players we need to draft to replace are Ike, Troy and McLendon.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Evans (Tex A&M) or Watkins (Clemson) are available with our top 10 pick, they would be fools to let the clock go more than 10 seconds before making their pick. Kinda torn between the two .. Evans has that Height/Speed combo .. but Watkins just jumps out at you
    ...and we can continue to watch Ben get pummeled behind a below average offensive line. The greatest WR in the world is useless if the QB can't get them the ball. If we have a Top 10 pick and spend it on anything other than a Left Tackle then the entire Front Office needs to be out on the street.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"