Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manny Sanders - The Forgotten WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Manny Sanders reminds me of Ernie Mills
    Interesting comp. He reminds me a bit of Holmes, but without the attitude. Decent speed, but more fast that quick, with an ability to get himself open on intermediate routes.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was thinking that of that mid-90's group, I see more Andre Hastings in Manny Sanders than Ernie Mills.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I was thinking that of that mid-90's group, I see more Andre Hastings in Manny Sanders than Ernie Mills.
    Yancey Thigpen?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yancey Thigpen?
    Yancey had a couple of 1300 yard receiving seasons as a Steeler...Sanders still doesn't have 1000 yards combined in all 3 NFL seasons...I'd hold off on that comparison at this point.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yancey had a couple of 1300 yard receiving seasons as a Steeler...Sanders still doesn't have 1000 yards combined in all 3 NFL seasons...I'd hold off on that comparison at this point.
    I was thinking more style about being able to get open and get YAC.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I was thinking more style about being able to get open and get YAC.
    Okay...I was thinking Hastings, because he was a similar smooth athlete type and was effective on 3rd downs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who is this mysterious WR Flippy keeps alluding to? Just tell us already. The suspense is killing me...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Who is this mysterious WR Flippy keeps alluding to? Just tell us already. The suspense is killing me...
    Troy Edwards

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Troy Edwards

Pappy
    Gross. I just threw up a little in my mouth when I read that name.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I have 2 words for you!! David Gilreath
    Such a great post goes unnoticed. I agree I believe Gilreath to have the tools to be the real deal.
    Trolls are people too.