Thread: Draft thought I just had.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Draft thought I just had.

So AB has become a true #1 in my eyes. So who will take his punt return duties 2014? I figure a WR in the later rounds maybe? Or a CB of course. But that CB I figure will be a higher pick at this point. Any of the top CB's good punt returners? Or will we see a undrafted type or maybe a FA? This is been a problem the last couple season it seems. Bring in a few guys that never make it out of camp. AB can not be doing punt duty any longer. And yes it is draft talk time now.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    So AB has become a true #1 in my eyes. So who will take his punt return duties 2014? I figure a WR in the later rounds maybe? Or a CB of course. But that CB I figure will be a higher pick at this point. Any of the top CB's good punt returners? Or will we see a undrafted type or maybe a FA? This is been a problem the last couple season it seems. Bring in a few guys that never make it out of camp. AB can not be doing punt duty any longer. And yes it is draft talk time now.
    Hmmmm,.... but in terms of the Draft do we really have the luxury of selecting anymore project utility type players ? I thought Wallace and Rainey were supposed to be the type of Player that you are talking about now ? Or perhaps Wheaton or Sanders ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I agree AB is a #1. I also agree that in 14 it would be best to have someone else return punts.
    Not sure about draft picks but at camp Thomas ran back a few punts and wasn't bad. ST has excellent special team skills.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Polamalu View Post
    Hmmmm,.... but in terms of the Draft do we really have the luxury of selecting anymore project utility type players ? I thought Wallace and Rainey were supposed to be the type of Player that you are talking about now ? Or perhaps Wheaton or Sanders ?
    If Venric Mark declares he is a perfect change of pace back/utility player. In the later rounds I do think we have the luxury of grabbing a playmaker like that. BTW: I really like Ryan Shazier...he has special speed and talent. My concern with him is that he needs to put on 15 pounds of muscle at the next level. He is just too light to be effective at the NFL level.
    Trolls are people too.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    If Venric Mark declares he is a perfect change of pace back/utility player. In the later rounds I do think we have the luxury of grabbing a playmaker like that. BTW: I really like Ryan Shazier...he has special speed and talent. My concern with him is that he needs to put on 15 pounds of muscle at the next level. He is just too light to be effective at the NFL level.
    Have'nt watched Mark play much Shawn, but i will do my homework Bro. And as far as Shazier,...i just see a pure football player in the kid.

And i think adding 15lbs of muscle is nothing imo when it is your part of your craft and or career to do so,..and it could just be part of him filling out.

Remember, Potsie was never really heavy, but his will, intelligence, motor and talent sure allowed him to play a great deal "bigger" than his actual weight would have dictated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Justin Brown is still on the practice squad. If in 14 he does make it he too was excellent in camp returning punts. That is a large if however. For what it's worth he does have some decent wr skills so he would not be a one trick pony.

Legend

User Info Menu

If LSH returns next year, I believe that he is a solid return guy. Not sure about punts, but he does return kicks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Justin Brown is still on the practice squad. If in 14 he does make it he too was excellent in camp returning punts. That is a large if however. For what it's worth he does have some decent wr skills so he would not be a one trick pony.
    Yup JB would be a great choice. My man Roy Finch in the late rounds too