Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Carrington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    McClendon is 6'4", 320 lbs. He's actually an inch taller than Ziggy Hood, and the same height as KVO. In a quick search, I couldn't find his arm length, but I'm not quite sure that lack of measurables would preclude him from playing DE for the Steelers.
    don't let facts get in the way. He's a garbage NT and he's almost prototypical DE in the DL DE mold.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

McClendon seems to be a penetrating NT when the system calls for a NT to occupy blockers...and no we won't change to a 4-3, there's a reason why companies and society have systems to follow them. You just don't change yearly. If it was that simple everyone wouldn't try to copy the Seahawks system this year. Make a plan and stick to it, it seems to work...our results are proof.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Backup

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2014-steelers-free-agency/2014/3/16/5514240/steelers-free-agency-rumors-news-updates-alex-carrington-contract[/url]

I think we've still got a real shot at signing this guy. Some say he could sign with the Browns but on there blog I read this:

Updating on the rumors surrounding DE Alex Carrington, it sounds like the Pittsburgh Steelers are interested in his services. The Browns are stacked on the defensive line, so missing out on Carrington wouldn't be a big loss, although you'd like to see him stay out of the division.

Also in the above article is states that The [URL="http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/cleveland-browns"]Browns[/URL] were reportedly interested in the 2010 third round pick as well, but nothing new has materialized on that front.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would really love to sign Carrington.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Never before has a player who has done so little, been the annointed saviour of the Steelers 3-4....
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Never before has a player who has done so little, been the annointed saviour of the Steelers 3-4....
    Must be that gaping hole at LDE and a shrinking DL free agency pool.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    don't let facts get in the way. He's a garbage NT and he's almost prototypical DE in the DL DE mold.
    Hes awful at stacking and shedding blockers and hes not strong enough to play DE....hardly the prototype or otherwise hed be penciled in there already. Easier to find a servicable NT than DE in a 34 with NT being one of the easiest positions to step in and play and aside from CB, 5 tech is probably the most difficult
    Hed be a very underrated signing, he was coming on very strong, be a day one starter, he blocks kicks, and hes very aggressive and can stack up blockers...unlike mcclendon or hood

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Hes awful at stacking and shedding blockers and hes not strong enough to play DE....
    Sure...you can be weak and play NT...

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually, it's pretty much an annual thing with us...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Sure...you can be weak and play NT...
    I didnt say that. Hes just better suited on the inside (as a rotational guy at least, which is how i like him the ebst)