Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Tomlin Can Do Now...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    but it's shared by many.. and most are doing all they can NOT to blame Haley because..

well, you know why.
    Please, enlighten me...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Please, enlighten me...
    yah.. enlighten us..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

but it's shared by many.. and most are doing all they can NOT to blame Haley because..

well, you know why.
    ARII wants Haley for Head Coach.

Haley should be sent to play golf...he aint no coach.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

resign................

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Please, enlighten me...
    you know damn well but I will entertain you...

the word on this board was replace BA with anyone because no one could be worse and if BA was that good he would be a head coach by now...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Give Ben the offense and tell Haley to sit and watch, done, end of story.

That's what Tomlin can do right now to improve the Steelers chances. Ben has played behind lines worse than this one and without top notch WRs before, so, Ben can win under these circumstances.

Pappy
    Not while repeatedly missing open receivers and receivers dropping the ball with frequency. We had something like 12 pass attempts of 20 yards or more. Only a couple wound up positive plays. Drops, misses, fumbles.....YOU CANT WIN DOING THAT no matter the coach.

Then again, we did win the SB against Seattle despite a 22 QB rating, so I guess we can win that way as long as we have count a record setting run and the best pass of the day being thrown by A RECEIVER.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-19-2013 at 03:55 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    ARII wants Haley for Head Coach.
    That is truly funny. Hate on Haley I get it. He is OC and the offense is BAD.
    This ArtII stuff though is HILARIOUS.

The only way possible that Haley winds up head coach is for him to miraculously turn the offense around, which aint likely.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

you know damn well but I will entertain you...

the word on this board was replace BA with anyone because no one could be worse and if BA was that good he would be a head coach by now...
    I really didn't know if this is to what you were referring...

So far, this season, the new boss looks remarkably like the old boss...

The only time it didn't was last year, pre-Ben injury...but, people on this board claim that was merely Ben's 3rd down heroics...so, it really is just like Arians...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    --Order Haley to implement a spread offense much of the time. Have the O start the game in the spread...the shock might at least keep the opponent on their heels for a minute or two.
    There is a precedence for this. Back in Maddox' first or second year with the team, he took over for Kordell--and we went "pass-happy", spreading the field. And it salvaged what could've been a long season. It did require Maddox' good anticipation (something Ben probably lacks), and accuracy... but I think this sort of thing can be done to salvage this season (maybe not win, but at least be competitive).

Legend

User Info Menu

Not my original thought but I agree:

“Super Bowl 43: Haley’s Cardinals offense 23, Arians Steelers offense 20.
    Haley’s offense competed against the No. 1 defense in the league, while Arians’ offense went against the worst defensive team in Super Bowl history, one that gave up 49 TDs in the 2008 regular season.”

Can't claim in one breath that talent got AZ to the SB in spite of Haley, then say Haley is keeping this offense from functioning even though it lacks 90% of the talent AZ had in their SB year. Haley might not be a miracle worker, but he is far from an incompetent boob.