Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trying not to be a chicken little, but....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Would it be accurate to say the offense took off once Gilbert was replaced by Beachum?

I still think we make the playoffs this year. If not for the turnovers we could be 3-0. I think the turnovers will even out and we'll be fine. Plus we are still playing short-handed (injuries).
    That's all I can say about that post. Still make the playoffs? I'd be ecstatic, but I don't see it happening. Getting to .500 would be an accomplishment right now, they will have to go 8-5 to get to .500, I don't see 8 wins on the schedule.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I see 6-10 maybe right now.

Vikings, Jets, Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland x2. All have young and/or bad QBs and should be games that can be won.

Of course, we also lose to all of these types of teams year in and year out.

Administrator

User Info Menu

No game is a gimme with this team. We COULD lose to anybody and everybody.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We were always going to implode like this. We kept a SB-winning core together as long as we could in an attempt to win one more. It was the right thing to do (although I would have started wielding the axe after the 2011 season). Now the bottom has fallen out.

We'll have to suffer through this season and possibly next season as well. What goes up must come down, so to speak.
    In response to his pleas, an officer said: "You think we've never arrested somebody that's made national media? ... We deal with the Bengals all the time."

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848"]http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3880848[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    No game is a gimme with this team. We COULD lose to anybody and everybody.
    Yep!!! I hope I am wrong but this could be a season like 2003 where they went 6-10 and never won consecutive games. Unless Ponder is good for what ails them and they some how use the bye week to turn things around, a 3 win season doesn't look as if it's out of the realm of possibility.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I saw improvement at the biggest areas of concern but Its not happening fast enough. I think the Steelers thought Adams & Gilbert would be ready but they both look to be learning on the job. I thought the would be. I don't think Bicknell lived up to his resume as of yet and the Steelers may have made a mistake in bringing him in. I have no problem with trying to change the scheme but he is clearly not a lunch pale-punch them in the mouth type of coach. Your big uglies reflect your position coach's attitude and right now it looks like a security guard is teaching them rather than a special op. I'm adding Bicknell to the list that Haley is on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    There is no James Harrison - the guy who inspires fear in opposing offenses and wreaks havoc when it is most needed.
    Harrison has one tackle and no sacks through three games. He inspires fear in no one anymore! However, that might make him perfect for our defense because no one fears it either. The league has figured out LeBeau.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Yep!!! I hope I am wrong but this could be a season like 2003 where they went 6-10 and never won consecutive games. Unless Ponder is good for what ails them and they some how use the bye week to turn things around, a 3 win season doesn't look as if it's out of the realm of possibility.
    I'm seeing a 5 win season shaping up. Good news is we should be in the running for a good OT.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm seeing a 5 win season shaping up. Good news is we should be in the running for a good OT.
    The 5 win teams picked at 1.6 and 1.7 this past year, that might be too far down the list to get a premier OT, unless there are 2 or 3 of them. Teams select OTs that can start immediately rather quickly.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Harrison has one tackle and no sacks through three games. He inspires fear in no one anymore! However, that might make him perfect for our defense because no one fears it either. The league has figured out LeBeau.

What I said had absolutely nothing to do with the player they are now, only what they used to represent and the fact that we don't have that anymore.