Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Truth!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Compare that to Cincy? Their BACKUP tight end is WORLDS BETTER than the fumbler on our team.
    Our fumbler is the backup's backup...

Think Spaeth could block better than Paulson? I do...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    2000 was 9-7, but they missed the playoffs....not a losing season, technically, but certainly no better...

By that token, Tomlin has never had a losing record with a franchise QB either...
    Tomlin will this year. And this may go down as one of the worst Steeler teams in the past 30 years or so. In Tomlin's last 13 games as head coach (regular season and preseason), the Steelers have lost 11 times. I dont think that has sunk in yet for most Steelers fans.

And Tomlin inherited a Super Bowl caliber team. Bill Cowher inherited a bad football team.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

..and as I have said, under Cowher when ever his teams were bad they weren't bad in all aspects of the game as this current Steeler team is. In Cowher's two losing back to back seasons (with a QB who completed 55% of his passes and nearly twice as many INT's as TD's), his teams could still run the ball and stop the run on defense.

This current Steeler team is bad all the way across the board. You could never say that about a Cowher team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dee I think our defense looks good. If our offense wasn't consistently 3 and out, they'd look even better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Dee I think our defense looks good. If our offense wasn't consistently 3 and out, they'd look even better.
    The Defense does look good, by and large. The fact that they are holding a team with the talend the Bengals have to only 20 points tells me they're doing something right. The Special Teams were also pretty good in the last game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    The Defense does look good, by and large. The fact that they are holding a team with the talend the Bengals have to only 20 points tells me they're doing something right. The Special Teams were also pretty good in the last game.
    Here's another point that seems to be occurring over the past 10 games or so. The Steelers never seem to get all 3 phases of the team playing well in the same game, they'll get 2 out of 3 and that isn't good enough based n the talent on the team. All three need to be at least adequate for the Steelers to have success. To me that is a coaching issue that all three units can't be firing on all cylinders in the same game.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Tomlin will this year. And this may go down as one of the worst Steeler teams in the past 30 years or so. In Tomlin's last 13 games as head coach (regular season and preseason), the Steelers have lost 11 times. I dont think that has sunk in yet for most Steelers fans.

And Tomlin inherited a Super Bowl caliber team. Bill Cowher inherited a bad football team.
    And Cowher in inherited a Chuck Noll team full of All Pros and ProBowlers yet it still took him 15 years to win A SB.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Bill Cowher also had the luxury of coaching when the D was allowed to play like men...LIKE MEN!

He also had the best big RB in the football.. after Bettis retired? 8-...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    And Cowher in inherited a Chuck Noll team full of All Pros and ProBowlers yet it still took him 15 years to win A SB.
    You do not know your Steeler history all that well, do you? This too is not correct.

The last 4 years of Chuck Noll's career where 5-11, 9-7, 9-7, and 7-9. Bill Cowher inherited a bad football team that had 1 Pro Bowler on the roster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    They are currently ranked 10th (25th in run defense), after playing the Titans and Bengals. Where would they be ranked if they had played the Broncos and Packers?

But...see what you want to see, I guess?