Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: We didn't need that drama!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

tomlin explained that crosby's FG attempt never got off the ground and was the reason they went for a TD.

as i said earlier, if conditions were better i'm guessing they would have played it differently

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    tomlin explained that crosby's FG attempt never got off the ground and was the reason they went for a TD.

as i said earlier, if conditions were better i'm guessing they would have played it differently
    NJ, the Steelers made 6 chip shot FGs in that game (5 PATs and the FG), of course, there's a risk that something could go wrong as there is a risk that something could go wrong doing it the way the Steelers did. In my estimation, I believe the risk to be less trying to convert a 20 yard FG that leaving nearly a minute and a half on the clock for an offense that really had its way with the Steeler defense save for a couple big plays.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

The defense that "we won the game" so nothing else matters is kind of silly. The clock management situations need to get better for the future. There is too much parity in the NFL to just ignore opportunities that can give you an advantage, and the situation in the Packers game was a perfect example. The only lower percentage play in that situation would have been to kick the FG on second down.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AxnJxn View Post
    The defense that "we won the game" so nothing else matters is kind of silly. The clock management situations need to get better for the future. There is too much parity in the NFL to just ignore opportunities that can give you an advantage, and the situation in the Packers game was a perfect example. The only lower percentage play in that situation would have been to kick the FG on second down.
    Complaining after a much needed win is much sillier...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Complaining after a much needed win is much sillier...
    There's nothing silly about discussing where this team can improve on a forum that is essentially created to do just that, and the clock management has been an issue all year and needs to improve. Sunday was yet another example.

Legend

User Info Menu

would you rather have the steelers trailing by 3 with a kick return and a handful of seconds left in the game OR down by 7 with a kick return and a minute and a half left to go?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    would you rather have the steelers trailing by 3 with a kick return and a handful of seconds left in the game OR down by 7 with a kick return and a minute and a half left to go?
    There it is, put the shoe on the other foot and we're all clamoring for the Steelers to let them score and get the ball back, not try and stop them to burn clock down to 5-6 seconds and kick a FG that may or may not run out the clock. We'd all want Ben with the ball and 1:25 on the clock down by 7.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

**You forgot to drop the mic, Pap (and Squid)**
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey, I'll take the TD! LB's score won me a FF championship at work along with $50! So, go me! I'm never disappointed when we score a TD anyways, they have been so scarce this season, and like Ruthless pointed out, the worst GB could inflict was a tie at that point (barring the possibility that they would've gone for a crazy 2 point conversion).
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

why didnt tomlin go for 2 after the TD if the conditions were so bad to kick a FG?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown