Thread: Willie Colon

Rookie

User Info Menu

Willie Colon

If he isn't healthy, they need to keep him the hell out of the lineup...

For the second time in three weeks, Willie Colon has taken all the practice reps during the week but was unable to play in the game...

For the second time in three weeks, our run game and pass pro suffered...

At this point, I'm inclined to move Pouncey over to LG, start Legursky at C, just like they did for the Ravens game, and just go with that for the rest of the year...

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree on keeping Colon out of the lineup, but I'd prefer to see DD in the game over Legursky. If DD can't play LG, then I'd like to see Starks-Foster-Pouncey-DD-RT (hopefully Adams, Beachum if we must).

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I agree on keeping Colon out of the lineup, but I'd prefer to see DD in the game over Legursky. If DD can't play LG, then I'd like to see Starks-Foster-Pouncey-DD-RT (hopefully Adams, Beachum if we must).
    Here's the thing...

1) At this point in the year, I have no desire to move multiple pieces on the o-line...moving Foster from right to left seems worse to me than inserting Legs...

2) Pouncey has already played a game at LG this year...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Here's the thing...

1) At this point in the year, I have no desire to move multiple pieces on the o-line...moving Foster from right to left seems worse to me than inserting Legs...

Yeah, that is a valid concern, but ultimately, I want to see the best guys on the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Here's the thing...

Yep. You can't move that many linemen around without total disaster. Just go with what we had in the B-more game. No one can say for sure that DD would be an upgrade over Foster at this point. DD's there now for depth until next training camp.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Yep. You can't move that many linemen around without total disaster. Just go with what we had in the B-more game. No one can say for sure that DD would be an upgrade over Foster at this point. DD's there now for depth until next training camp.
    I see DD as an upgrade over Legursky, not Foster. Whether you keep Foster at RG and DD at LG or flip the two, I'd prefer to keep Pouncey at center.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I see DD as an upgrade over Legursky, not Foster. Whether you keep Foster at RG and DD at LG or flip the two, I'd prefer to keep Pouncey at center.
    agree 100%.

it was painful watching legursky getting blown up on every snap.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Looks like Willie may be done for the year again and be put on IR. We need to find a way to get his azz off the team and still save some cap room.

[url]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/12/10/3749972/steelers-injury-report-willie-colon-knee-serious-injured-reserve-david-decastro-status[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Looking more and more likely
    By Ray Fittipaldo / Pittsburgh Post-GazetteLeft guard Willie Colon exited the game Sunday against the San Diego Chargers in the second quarter with a left knee injury and his season is likely over. Colon had missed the past two games with a left knee injury before returning Sunday. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin did not disclose the extent of the injury in his postgame news conference, but his teammates expressed disappointment.
    If Colon does not come back, it will be the third consecutive season he does not finish. His triceps was torn in the first game of the season a year ago and was placed on injured reserve. In 2010, he did not play at all after sustaining an Achilles injury in the summer.
    "It's terrible for him, man," center Maurkice Pouncey said. "For him to be dealing with that for the last couple of years, and now we don't know how this thing is going to turn out ... I feel terrible for him."
    Pouncey moved to left guard when Colon left the game and Doug Legursky came in to play center. Pouncey and Legursky did the same the previous game against the Ravens.

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-left-guard-colon-likely-lost-for-rest-of-the-season-665721/#ixzz2Eg6JYnkA[/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Legursky doesn't get blown up at Center...he does pretty well at that position...

DD hasn't played a game for months...I still wouldn't count on the fact that he's 100%...

This is the Steelers...there will be injuries on the o-line for us to deal with...