Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: There could be a bright spot in all of this....

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    after watching this debacle of an offense

why oh why would you even think about drafting defense in the 1st round
    because next year keisel, hampton, harrison, clark, troy, foote are all another year older

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We would draft him and he may contribute by 2014!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    because next year keisel, hampton, harrison, clark, troy, foote are all another year older
    And most are FA after this season, no?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    And most are FA after this season, no?
    I think just Hampton and Foote from that list.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I think just Hampton and Foote from that list.
    Others are Lewis, Mundy, will Allen. I thought Keisel was as well and McLendon. Guess not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Others are Lewis, Mundy, will Allen. I thought Keisel was as well and McLendon. Guess not.
    Keisel's due to make $2,825,000 in salary for 2013 and will be a free agent in 2014. McLendon will be a restricted free agent this offseason, so we can keep him with an RFA tender for at least one more year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What has happened to McLendon? He was a beast for a while, out shining Casey easily, then it seems he never plays anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

What has happened to McLendon? He was a beast for a while, out shining Casey easily, then it seems he never plays anymore.
    Maybe he fumbled twice.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    after watching this debacle of an offense

why oh why would you even think about drafting defense in the 1st round
    We are talking about maybe the 10th overall pick. Not seeing any offensive players in that area who would have a greater impact than T'eo.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    We are talking about maybe the 10th overall pick. Not seeing any offensive players in that area who would have a greater impact than T'eo.
    Name the last team to take a MLB in the top ten picks and turn out to be a game changer? Can't do it. T'eo is not Patrick Willis.

You don't take him with the 10th pick. Maybe with the 15th pick. You take a game changer with the 10th overall pick. We're winning one of the last two games and picking 15 to 18.

I'd be pissed if we take T'eo and pass on a game changer that rushes the passer with the 10th overall pick.