Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solution for the 4th round pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Solution for the 4th round pick

I have a feeling we will hear all the Landry Jones haters b!tching and moaning after every bad play.

I have a solution. Everyone who hates the pick... please tell us who you would have picked instead. You can only pick one player tho.

I say this because it looks like this is going to be a year of "blame it on the 4th round pick" when we have a bad play on offense, defense or special teams. We could only pick 1 guy but it seems like people are using it as an excuse to plug every hole with one pick.

I'll go first... I liked the pick at the time. I'm not a fan right now but I thought it was time to make a serious move for a legit replacement. I also think fans are lying to themselves about our QB situation. Our QBs stay hurt due to our OL and I dont see it changing anytime soon.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 08-11-2013 at 08:25 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The next question is: if you picked a different position with that 4th round pick, what QB would you have taken after the 4th round pick and what player would you have given up w/ that pick??? I would have taken Jesse Williams (DT) Alabama & took Zac Dysert in the 7th round (hoping Nick Williams went Undrafted)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

TE Levine Toilolo Stanford

I was interested in QB Brad Sorenson from Southern Utah and had both Toilolo and Sorenson in early mocks.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

dont love or hate it. i understand why they took him

and if develops a bit, at the least we might be able to parlay it into a higher pick

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bradshaw sucked when he first started. Its only been one preseason game with Jones so I will defer to the higher conscious in the Steelers front office on this one for now.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Phillip Thomas - S
    Jonathan Franklin - RB
    Stephan Taylor - RB
    Earl Wolff - S
    AJ Klein - LB
    John Simon - DE

these guys were available between the time L. Jones was picked and the next pick by the Steelers in the 5th (Hawthorne) to name a few.

I would have gone a different approach, but tough to tell so early as QBs take awhile to develop. double dippin in the secondary would have been sweet.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Phillip Thomas - S
    Jonathan Franklin - RB
    Stephan Taylor - RB
    Earl Wolff - S
    AJ Klein - LB
    John Simon - DE

these guys were available between the time L. Jones was picked and the next pick by the Steelers in the 5th (Hawthorne) to name a few.

I would have gone a different approach, but tough to tell so early as QBs take awhile to develop. double dippin in the secondary would have been sweet.
    They did double dip in the secondary, incidentally...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    your right 4th n 5th!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I meant with DBs named Thomas!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Redskins DB Phillip Thomas possibly headed to IR with a foot injury he acquired in their first preseason game, for those of you who keep throwing his name out there. I was on board with the LJ pick at first glance. I too thought it was time to start grooming another QB. After what I seen and heard from the LJ camp, not so much. I guess I'm just inpatient. I want to see a little something, now! This team is in desperate need of some talent infusion in some areas.