View Poll Results: Who would you take for the Steelers if the top 16 turns out like our Board Mock?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • G Jonathan Cooper

6 22.22%
  • LB Jarvis Jones

10 37.04%
  • RB Eddie Lacy

0 0%
  • WR Cordarelle Patterson

7 25.93%
  • CB Desmond Trufant

0 0%
  • S Kenny Vaccaro

4 14.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll-Who would you take for the Steelers if the top 16 turns out like our Board Mock?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcage View Post
    Vacarro We could be down one maybe two starting safties next year.
    Was thinking same thing... Safety or Middle linebacker. Razor thin depth wise at both positions.

Backup

User Info Menu

Can I vote none of the above? If Patterson makes it this far, I see an outstanding trade down scenario with Minnesota, with two #1's and looking to replace Percy Harvin. I'd take 1/25 and their 2 to move down and fill holes.

Backup

User Info Menu

Other trade downs? I'd be on the phone with anybody who didn't take a QB round 1 who might be interested in dealing back into the first round, similar to how Baltimore did to get to 1/19 to take Flacco. Denver was similar with Tebow, Cleveland with Brady Quinn, but we won't remind people of those moves... let them have the starry eyed dream of finding their Super Bowl winning diamond in the rough while we stock up on picks in value slots for WR, S, RB, LB, and DT in rounds 2 and 3. Cap friendly deals for capable players all around. This is the year to move down.

Jacksonville, Philly, Buffalo, Arizona could all be possibilities, and for them, taking their QB late R1 rather than with their top 10 pick helps them lock up their QB of the future longer and for less against the cap as well, potentially worth, say, a 2,3, and 5.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Geno Smith with the huge surprise!
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Geno Smith with the huge surprise!
    Our old pal Brucie took him off the board at #7.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Jacksonville, Philly, Buffalo, Arizona could all be possibilities, and for them, taking their QB late R1 rather than with their top 10 pick helps them lock up their QB of the future longer and for less against the cap as well, potentially worth, say, a 2,3, and 5.
    We won't remind the Bills how this worked out for them in 2004. After missing out on the top 3 QBs they drafted Lee Evans @ 13, two picks after they realized that Ben wasn't falling to them. So, they moved back into the first to #22 so that they could draft the fourth QB of the '04 class........JP Losman!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

People who are saying trade down are being a bit wishful... It's not that easy. Everyone wants to trade down, especially at that point. Like I said, Cooper would be BPA but there simply is no room unless I'm missing something (e.g. Pouncey's contract ends soon and we can't afford him in the future). I would personally not hate such a move BTW.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Our old pal Brucie took him off the board at #7.
    I missed it. My Bad. We will go D this year so I guess Jarvis Jones. I would prefer to trade down, if someone was willing to come up and pick Eric Reid with our first selection. I don't want Vaccaro. He is 22 and the steelers don't spend 1st rounders on 22 year olds. I don't think our first round selection is on this list.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    I missed it. My Bad. We will go D this year so I guess Jarvis Jones. I would prefer to trade down, if someone was willing to come up and pick Eric Reid with our first selection. I don't want Vaccaro. He is 22 and the steelers don't spend 1st rounders on 22 year olds. I don't think our first round selection is on this list.
    For what it's worth, Jarvis Jones is even older than Vaccaro (he's 23, and will turn 24 during October of his rookie year).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Cooper is the BPA, but Jones is really an enticing option. He has some risk, but also a great track record of production. Early in the process, I liked the idea of Vaccaro, but I'd prefer to grab a safety in the second or third.