Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Today is the day that changes the NFL Draft for all teams!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is all about his arm strength. This time last year all had no questions about his arm strength. He was seen as a lock for the first QB drafted overall and some thought maybe even the first player taken. He hurt his shoulder this year and now he is seen as not having NFL arm strength. Teams want to see what he does today in his throws outside the deep hash. Me personally...I already know that outcome.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Me personally...I already know that outcome.
    So, where do you think this workout will put him on the QB list? It is an underwhelming year this year for the QB class.
    Last edited by steeler_fan_in_t.o.; 03-27-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    So, where do you think this workout will put him on the QB list? It is an underwhelming year this year for the QB class.
    I have said all along, he is the best QB in this draft. I believe in the right situation, he is a franchise QB. He is not Mark Sanchez. He is far superior. And a lot more experience going into the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Have you seen a mock draft that has Barkley in the first round lately? Has him in the top 15? Top 10? You will after today.
    and some fool will take him way early... you either show it on the field, or you aint got it!! combines and pro days dont' change that... they should only "confirm" or "prove innacurate" or "raise flags"... with a good impression, you may move a few slots (ahead of the next guy at your position) and with a bad performance, you may slide a slot or two... but, 1st rounder is still 1st rounder (see Jarvis Jones)... but, not jump from 2nd round to top 10...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Late-March Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
    2.51 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.84 -
    "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    3.98 - "WR/DL/CB" (tbd)
    4.117 - Jordan Travis, QB, FSU
    6.178 -Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Isaac Guerendo, RB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

He is not Mark Sanchez. He is far superior.
    Mark Sanchez isn't exactly the measuring stick for QB excellence that NFL GM's are looking for.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Mark Sanchez isn't exactly the measuring stick for QB excellence that NFL GM's are looking for.
    You probably arent saying that after Sanchez's first 3 years in the league. But having said that I see your point. My point is they are not the same but many have made that comparison because they went to the same school.

I think Matt Barkley is more Drew Brees than Mark Sanchez. And Drew Brees was knocked for arm strength. Put him in the right system with weapons and he is a franchise QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Arm strength was a concern BEFORE the injury...

His accuracy in the 15 to 30 range is sketchy as well...

He is best suited for a West Coast offense... he won't be a star though...

I think I'm the only one to use USC and star QB in the same sentence.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    and some fool will take him way early... you either show it on the field, or you aint got it!! combines and pro days dont' change that... they should only "confirm" or "prove innacurate" or "raise flags"... with a good impression, you may move a few slots (ahead of the next guy at your position) and with a bad performance, you may slide a slot or two... but, 1st rounder is still 1st rounder (see Jarvis Jones)... but, not jump from 2nd round to top 10...
    But you are forgetting the most important factor here, Matt Barkley hasnt been able to work out or show up-close his ability to scouts and NFL personal. If he was healthy a month ago at the combine you would have seen him in many mock drafts as a first round talent.

For a player that had a "down" year Matt Barkley still threw 36 TD's, over 3200 yards, and completed 63.6% of his passes. Think about that. For a team that had an injured offensive line and had a horrible defense and had to play from behind in most of their games, that says a lot more to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

You probably arent saying that after Sanchez's first 3 years in the league. But having said that I see your point. My point is they are not the same but many have made that comparison because they went to the same school.

I think Matt Barkley is more Drew Brees than Mark Sanchez. And Drew Brees was knocked for arm strength. Put him in the right system with weapons and he is a franchise QB.
    Dirty handed the ball off 90% of the time his first 3 years and anytime he had to wing it he failed. The only play he can run is the play action post... anything else is a toss up.

That dude sucks so bad.. why would you even use him as a measuring stick? Ugh..

Legend

User Info Menu

But you are forgetting the most important factor here, Matt Barkley hasnt been able to work out or show up-close his ability to scouts and NFL personal. If he was healthy a month ago at the combine you would have seen him in many mock drafts as a first round talent.

For a player that had a "down" year Matt Barkley still threw 36 TD's, over 3200 yards, and completed 63.6% of his passes. Think about that. For a team that had an injured offensive line and had a horrible defense and had to play from behind in most of their games, that says a lot more to me.
    so it's all game tape with Te'o... and all combine with Barkley? Gotcha...