Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: I miss Bruce

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    which is pretty messed up i really thought at one point that we might have the 2 best coordinators in football between DL and BA and we really screwed the pooch forcing BA out. it was eerily similar to the way i felt when Chan left Kordell who looked promising up until that point. then his career became a mess post gailey. i'd hate to look back on this the same way and say haley screwed up ben.

i realize looking back that ben hated whiz. but whiz was a good coach that pushed ben to be better even though they struggled to see eye to eye. we're in year 2 with haley and its not clear to me yet what haley is doing positive for ben.
    Unfortunately, what no one is seeing and the Steelers are 10 years into the Ben era is that Ben is different, very different. Give him a play and he'll happily run it, but if it breaks down and there's something he can do to try and make it right he will try, regardless of the consequences. I would rather they let him play than try and save him for his 17th and 18th seasons. There's a better chance of winning a Super Bowl letting him play football his way, than there is trying to turn him into something he doesn't want to be.

He's is an unbelievably gifted quarterback, period.

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    yeah, I can see you're babbling about nothing
    Hey if you like getting Ben killed year in and year out that's on you. All i know is that it's been a minute since he's finished a season. But you have a hard time following along so I'll just let it go.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    it did make sense. IF BA was our OC then Ben would have spent ANOTHER season banged up. It wouldn't have been long BEFORE Landry Jones was our starting qb. See where i'm going with that. Ben got sacked how many times today? How many times did he get hit? BA would have had guys running go routes all day long and Ben would be out by game 8. Hell he may end up hurt by that time anyway because he refused to throw the ball away or dump it off.
    How many times did Ben miss the remainder of a season under BA? We won a SB with Mahan for goodness sakes.

The QB takes more hits with BA... but they also win more games and like the offense. Ben takes hits regardless... might as well make the playoffs and the SB while doing it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Unfortunately, what no one is seeing and the Steelers are 10 years into the Ben era is that Ben is different, very different. Give him a play and he'll happily run it, but if it breaks down and there's something he can do to try and make it right he will try, regardless of the consequences. I would rather they let him play than try and save him for his 17th and 18th seasons. There's a better chance of winning a Super Bowl letting him play football his way, than there is trying to turn him into something he doesn't want to be.

He's is an unbelievably gifted quarterback, period.

Pappy
    Pap I agree to a point. Problem is that he needs to buy into the system a little more and dump those short passes off. Team are going to pin their ears back and bring pressure all day long because 1 they don't respect our run game and 2 they know ben will hold the ball to make a play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Joe Walton was better than Haley is at this moment
    Ha, forgot all about Walton! Remember the sign the fans hung at Three Rivers when the Joe Walton offense looked awful to start the season?

"J_E. Where's the O?"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    How many times did Ben miss the remainder of a season under BA? We won a SB with Mahan for goodness sakes.

The QB takes more hits with BA... but they also win more games and like the offense. Ben takes hits regardless... might as well make the playoffs and the SB while doing it.
    he hasn't. hes' tough. but go out and break him. when he misses 2-3 games again and we miss the playoffs because of those 2-3 games you can complain about the defense or something.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey if you like getting Ben killed year in and year out that's on you. All i know is that it's been a minute since he's finished a season. But you have a hard time following along so I'll just let it go.
    Ben has always finished the season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ben has always finished the season.
    not without getting banged up.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

probably best for you since your argument has no merit

ben has been hurt in both systems

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    probably best for you since your argument has no merit

ben has been hurt in both systems
    really? you must be a genius. Maybe it's because of all the reasons i said earlier. Not sure. But like I said you have a hard time following along.