Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers was the only team....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers was the only team....

That voted to keep the tuck rule. Very surprised I guess it's because Ben style of play.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

They are interviewing Tyler Bray. If they pick him? Ben won't be he here in 2014 and explains why they didn't extend him now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    They are interviewing Tyler Bray. If they pick him? Ben won't be he here in 2014 and explains why they didn't extend him now.
    Plenty of teams interview plenty of QBs at this point. A developmental backup to pari with Gradkowski makes a lot of sense.

I think that you are reading too much into this situation. If I am going to extend Ben, I'm not going to do it at the same time a lesser QB in the division was just made the highest paid player in the league.

Backup

User Info Menu

If they pick him in the second round? Ben's outta here in 2014.

They can pay him 2nd round money and hand off all day. Haley and II's dream at a fraction of the cost.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't see him going in the second, and if he does, I doubt it is to the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Good...

we need to start looking towards the future without Ben.... He won't be here forever and honestly, I think the chip on his shoulder a few years ago...

Backup

User Info Menu

What chip?

You don't send messages to HOF QBs. You replace them.

If Bray is picked in round #2, Ben is done here after 2013.

He will not retire a Steeler. Art doesn't want that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Plenty of teams interview plenty of QBs at this point. A developmental backup to pari with Gradkowski makes a lot of sense.

I think that you are reading too much into this situation. If I am going to extend Ben, I'm not going to do it at the same time a lesser QB in the division was just made the highest paid player in the league.
    I wouldn't extend Ben, period. Not now. Let him earn a super whopper contract by winning a SB like Flacco did. If he continues his "Bonehead Ben" play, where he lacks being clutch and losses games at the end instead of winning them (ala Dallas and Cinci games) then he doesn't deserve an Uber contract. Let's let it play out. If Ben keep playing like he is playing in an intramural football game for his frat, with a keg on the sidelines, then we don't even want him back.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's worth noting that the Steelers met with Cousins last year and did not draft a QB.

Backup

User Info Menu

Yeah because they won so much for 20 years before him.

Ben could win another ring, and Art wouldn't pay him.

He's an idiot, he listens to the dumb, mindless, brainless sheep who want 1975 football.