Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Somebody hold me back

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    On the one hand, people complain that there is no passion. On the other hand, when a guy does something good and gets fired up about it he's criticized. There's just no way to please some people.
    It's probably more about context.

Celebrate getting back in the game? Scoring a TD? Yeah, sure.

Celebrating a 1st down when you are losing by 17?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    It's probably more about context.

Celebrate getting back in the game? Scoring a TD? Yeah, sure.

Celebrating a 1st down when you are losing by 17?
    Its the way he celebrates too. If he got up, hustled back to the huddle and high fived Roethlisberger or an OL, it would be fine. He just makes a spectacle of himself, because its all he cares about. And I think Brown is a great receiver, great hands, great running abilities. But the attention whore in him can't help the team, and its looks really stupid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I swear if I see anyone celebrate a first down after being down 17pts with a record of 0-3 that I will freak out.
    AB - you caught a ball, good for you. You're losing. Get in the huddle and stfu!
    I agree completely. Drives me nuts. And it has for a long time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Its the way he celebrates too. If he got up, hustled back to the huddle and high fived Roethlisberger or an OL, it would be fine. He just makes a spectacle of himself, because its all he cares about. And I think Brown is a great receiver, great hands, great running abilities. But the attention whore in him can't help the team, and its looks really stupid.
    I like brown as well, but the celebrating has to be toned down.

the double standard that some apply to him is off the charts ridiculous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    On the one hand, people complain that there is no passion. On the other hand, when a guy does something good and gets fired up about it he's criticized. There's just no way to please some people.
    People are pissed off and need someone or something to b!tch about... a 1st down signal is low on my list of worries this season.

Some people like players who do their job and show no emotion... I don't give a rip how you carry yourself as long as you do your job.

Its really not a big deal but some people hold onto these things because it gives them a reason the whine after a good play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Brown is the reason we are losing?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Brown is the reason we are losing?
    Brown isn't the reason we're losing, and I don't recall anyone saying that.

As Chadman said, it has to do with context. When you're down double digits and are 0-3, no one wants to see someone celebrating a first down. I'm tired of all of the "first down" gestures around the league, period. The first person I remember doing that a lot was Hines, and even that quickly lost its novelty.

We're in a tailspin as a team, and while those little celebrations are not detrimental to our play, I think it's bad form and completely unnecessary.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Brown isn't the reason we're losing, and I don't recall anyone saying that.

As Chadman said, it has to do with context. When you're down double digits and are 0-3, no one wants to see someone celebrating a first down. I'm tired of all of the "first down" gestures around the league, period. The first person I remember doing that a lot was Hines, and even that quickly lost its novelty.

We're in a tailspin as a team, and while those little celebrations are not detrimental to our play, I think it's bad form and completely unnecessary.
    Moonie said it can't help the team...

Brown is our best weapon... are only hope IMO. Its not that serious...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Isn't it a fair assumption that there are players on the Steelers seeing it as we do, and questioning where Brown's head is when he's acting like a self-involved twit when the team is getting run over?

Separate issue, but about a year ago, I watched large chunks of Super Bowl 13 (Steelers 35, Cows 31) on youtube, and its striking how little celebrating both teams did compared to today. Big plays, and people simply get up and walk to the huddle. I like it much better, but I understand how some fans would like constant jacking around.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the intensity and passion is more productive before the whistle, not so much after it.