Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben should return Sunday

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers can't beat the craptastic Bolts with a lame-duck coach waiting to be fired, with or without Ben; it will be a total disgrace.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    If the Steelers can't beat the craptastic Bolts with a lame-duck coach waiting to be fired, with or without Ben; it will be a total disgrace.
    You mean like losing to the Raiders, Titans and Browns? OK, then.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Agreed. All available hands on deck. Each game is a must win until we are definitively in and can no longer improve our playoff seeding.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

SD is not the worst team in the NFL. They are losers, but have plenty enough to beat us if we are not on our game. I mean, let's not forget who we have already lost to this year. This is the Steelers we are talking about. They can beat OR LOSE to anyone.
    Last edited by lloydroid; 12-05-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Those games were ridiculous losses as well. In fact it's why they are fighting for a playoff spot instead of in a great position to win the division (those losses still pi$$ me off) and possibly a bye week. If the coaching staff can't prepare this team and the team itself can't get up to beat a team that flat out sucks and there are playoff implications then it's a disgrace, especially with San Diego having to fly across the country to play in Heinz field. Don't give me that any given Sunday crap. It's week 14. The Steelers are either real or frauds. They are a much more talented team than the Chargers. Beating them with Batch should not be an issue.

I'm all for Ben playing if there is no real threat of a routine sack (which we know will happen) reinjuring him to the point of being done for the year including post season. This isn't a "tough it out" injury. The Steelers reported it as a life threatening injury.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I said all along the Ben injury would take a month to fully heal. That's right where this is coming in at. I said the phony "We got good news from the doctor today" was just a feign in order to "trick" the Ravens. I was right.

Backup

User Info Menu

per Steelersdepot.com, Ben practiced in full today and looked good!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ROLROC View Post
    Kaboly tweeted Ben is going to play.
    Uh oh...now I'm starting to doubt it. Kaboly always seems to be wrong.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

You guys are missing the more significant news item; keeping Pouncey at LG and Legs at C!!! Something tells me the coaches like what they saw last weekend on that OL..

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin: Roethlisberger made all the necessary throws

Posted by Josh Alper on December 5, 2012

On Tuesday, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger would get a chance to prove he was healthy enough to do everything the Steelers expect from their quarterback during practices this week.

Based on what Tomlin had to say after practice on Wednesday, Roethlisberger was awfully close to meeting that goal. Roethlisberger took the majority of the snaps with the first team during the session and Tomlin liked what he saw when Roethlisberger put the ball in the air.

“I’ll see how his body responds in the morning and we’ll go from there,” Tomlin said, via the team’s website. “But it was a positive day today. He made all the necessary throws.”

Tomlin didn’t go much farther than calling it a positive day and “a good step,” although it’s hard to imagine that Roethlisberger won’t be the starter if he comes back to work on Thursday without suffering any downturn in his condition.

Once the Roethlisberger question is settled, the Steelers can turn their full attention to the rest of their injured players. Linebacker LaMarr Woodley, wide receiver Antonio Brown and safeties Ryan Clark and Troy Polamalu all missed practice on Wednesday, making their conditions something to watch as the week unfolds before the Steelers host the Chargers.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/05/mike-tomlin-roethlisberger-made-all-the-necessary-throws/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha