Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Meeting with Winston Justice

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Winston Justice wouldn't be signed for depth. He'd be signed to start. This would slow the development of one of the young OT's on the roster.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but is that the right call? Or should Gilbert & Adams get thrown into the fire?
    IMO, the development of players is up to the players and not the Steelers. The Steelers give them the opportunity to develop, it's up to the players to take advantage of the opportunity. The Steelers are trying to win games and if a FA veteran is better than a young drafted lineman then he should play to give the Steelers the best chance at winning games. I don't really care if Gilbert or Adams develop into starting tackles in the NFL it would just become a need that they need to address when the time comes, just like they did this year.

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

After all these years, maybe the split will finally come. Max would be a good option to bring back as he knows the offense. All linemen zone block from time to time during their football lives, so that's not an issue. I bet money is the issue.....oh well..
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The fact that they're considering this ham-&-egger is an indictment of the ham-&-eggers we currently have (Adams and Gilbert).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    The fact that they're considering this ham-&-egger is an indictment of the ham-&-eggers we currently have (Adams and Gilbert).
    I don't think so. Gilbert did a helluva good job as a rookie at RT and after a slow start Adams did a pretty good job last year. Both of these guys are still young and will improve. They build their game, some slower than others, over the years. I have a feeling Adams and Gilbert are going to be good, not great, if they can avoid the injuries. You have to remember our line was kicking some serious arse last year until the volume of injuries got to them. Signing Justice and/or Starks would be good from a depth standpoint.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't think so. Gilbert did a helluva good job as a rookie at RT and after a slow start Adams did a pretty good job last year. Both of these guys are still young and will improve. They build their game, some slower than others, over the years. I have a feeling Adams and Gilbert are going to be good, not great, if they can avoid the injuries. You have to remember our line was kicking some serious arse last year until the volume of injuries got to them. Signing Justice and/or Starks would be good from a depth standpoint.
    I agree, depth and competition would be a good thing. I also thought Gilbert did a nice job as a rookie. I would have liked to seen an OT taken in the later rounds but you can't fix all the holes in one year. With who we have on the roster currently, I would think LT is the position most in doubt. Hopefully the new off. line coach will be able to round one of these candidates into a viable option.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think I saw Winston Justice was visiting in Miami as well.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think bringing back Max and Legs is almost a must at this point. Max can come in and compete against Adams and Gilbert for the two starting spots and would nothing else give the team a good solid experienced swing tackle. The team is also in need of a backup in the pivot and Legs has received no interest on the open market....he knows the system and has position flexibility. Then at least their game day eight are: LT: Adams LG: Foster C: Pouncey RG: DeCastro RT: Gilbert, and then off the bench they would have LT/RT: Starks LG/RG/RT: Beachum C/RG: Legursky. That is probably the best game day eight the Steelers have had since Faneca and Hartings left. I'm sure they can find the cap room to make it happen, now just get it done.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I'm speaking in terms of if they are bringing the guy in to start (as someone else previously said). If they are doing that, it doesn't speak well of their opinion of either Gilbert or Adams, if they are hoping some jabroni like Winston Justice can take one of the spots. Now... if they are looking at Justice as simply a backup, it changes things.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 30 Apr
    Former Colts and Eagles OT Winston Justice is scheduled to work out for the Dolphins on Wednesday.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope they sign him, because the way it stands, THERE'S NO JUSTICE WITH THIS TEAM!