Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Manti Te'o just ran an unofficial 4.71 40.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I just can't see anyone taking this guy in the 1st round.l
    After N.D.'s awful defensive performance and this whole GF thing, I think he's a 2nd rounder.
    if that logic applies, scratch Vaccaro off the list, his team's defense was terrible all year long (not just for one game).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    if that logic applies, scratch Vaccaro off the list, his team's defense was terrible all year long (not just for one game).
    True... and ND's D was great last year except for the PITT and Alabama game... the problem with the Bama game is Te'o was one on one more than a few times with blockers and RB's and he failed miserably.

If Te'o had shown out in a blowout loss he wouldn't have taken such a big hit in the media.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Teddy Bruschi predicted he will be an above average ILB in the NFL.
    I generally hope for impact players with All-Pro type skills with my day one picks, above average players with my day two picks, and depth players/special teamers contributors/developmental projects with some possible long-term potential with my day three picks. Bruschi's description seems to fit my day two criteria more than what I tend to look for with pick #17. If one of the ILB prospects like Kevin Minter, Arthur Brown, or Manti Te'o happens to fall to us at #48, then I jump...but not at #17...an ILB will not be the BPA at #17 this year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I generally hope for impact players with All-Pro type skills with my day one picks, above average players with my day two picks, and depth players/special teamers contributors/developmental projects with some possible long-term potential with my day three picks. Bruschi's description seems to fit my day two criteria more than what I tend to look for with pick #17. If one of the ILB prospects like Kevin Minter, Arthur Brown, or Manti Te'o happens to fall to us at #48, then I jump...but not at #17...an ILB will not be the BPA at #17 this year.
    I respect that. I too generally want more for the Steelers at that high of a pick. But lets look at James Farrior. Would he be worthy of the 17th overall pick? He wasnt great but he was above average and provided great leadership and contributed to two Super Bowl Championships. Looking at the body of work over his entire career I think the 17th overall pick would have been justified on A James Farrior.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash