Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers just got better and most of their fans dont even realize it!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers just got better and most of their fans dont even realize it!!

This is going to sound strange since I was one who defended Mike Wallace over the years, but the Steelers are now better that he is gone. Not from a player stand-point but from a character stand-point. Think about it. This dude jumped at the first highest bid he saw. He didnt go to the Patriots, the 49ers, or any other team that is a contender to win a championship. He went to the 7-9 Miami Dolphins. A team that is hardly a contender to win a championship. A team who really is still unsettled at the teams most important position, quarterback. A position that directly affects whether or no Mike Wallace has success with them. Mike Wallace went from one of the leagues storied franchises who are often a super bowl contender to a team that more than likely will be looking for another QB this time next year. All because he wanted more money. All because money was the most important thing to him.

Good riddance.

The Steelers are better that he is gone.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    This is going to sound strange since I was one who defended Mike Wallace over the years, but the Steelers are now better that he is gone. Not from a player stand-point but from a character stand-point. Think about it. This dude jumped at the first highest bid he saw. He didnt go to the Patriots, the 49ers, or any other team that is a contender to win a championship. He went to the 7-9 Miami Dolphins. A team that is hardly a contender to win a championship. A team who really is still unsettled at the teams most important position, quarterback. A position that directly affects whether or no Mike Wallace has success with them. Mike Wallace went from one of the leagues storied franchises who are often a super bowl contender to a team that more than likely will be looking for another QB this time next year. All because he wanted more money. All because money was the most important thing to him.

Good riddance.

The Steelers are better that he is gone.
    The only part I might disagree with is ... don't most real fans realize it?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

One thing is for sure the Rooney's have to be thrilled that Wallace turned down their offer once they saw what Haley's offense actually was.

Because Wallace is Haley's offense as it is now, is basically useless.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    The only part I might disagree with is ... don't most real fans realize it?
    Yeah I hear ya. Think about this, he didn't shop around. Check out areas to live. Schools and areas to raise kids. He didn't pray on it. He just jumped at the first huge contract. This is going to come back to haunt him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    One thing is for sure the Rooney's have to be thrilled that Wallace turned down their offer once they saw what Haley's offense actually was.

Because Wallace is Haley's offense as it is now, is basically useless.
    Well I dont think 64 receptions and 8 TD's is useless. But regardless...I am glad this dude is gone.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

q
    Yeah I hear ya. Think about this, he didn't shop around. Check out areas to live. Schools and areas to raise kids. He didn't pray on it. He just jumped at the first huge contract. This is going to come back to haunt him.
    jumped at the first huge contract.

what a fool!

Backup

User Info Menu

13 yards a catch for Wallace in Haley's offense is wasting his talent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have to bust you on this Dub. There was 3 days before today that teams talked to his agent. It is possible he had other offers and liked the fins the best. We don't know what went on. But I am sure your main point is correct. He took the biggest money offer. I think he even said or hinted not long ago that was his plan. Which has now been reported at 60mil instead of 65mil? Will see in the coming days which is correct.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    q

jumped at the first huge contract.

what a fool!
    yeah, jumped at a contract that is going to pay him $13 million/year for 5 years.

what a complete and utter fool...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

7-9 dolphins was exactly 1 game worse then the 8-8 steelers. with a better draft pick and a hell of a lot more cap space to improve