Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JD is a baller

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I don't know, you remember a guy named Bettis? He was more than a "little soft" around the middle and he was a tremendous back, a Hall of Famer, in my opinion.

Dude... no one is going to take you seriously if you keep this up. Hell, I don't take you seriously already. Bertie soft in the middle? What's next, Barry Sanders and Gayle Sayers comparisons?

Its obvious you are related to Dwyer or the Dutch kid who loved Ben.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dude... no one is going to take you seriously if you keep this up. Hell, I don't take you seriously already. Bertie soft in the middle? What's next, Barry Sanders and Gayle Sayers comparisons?

Its obvious you are related to Dwyer or the Dutch kid who loved Ben.
    No one is going to "take me seriously" on an Internet message board? I think I am going to go kill myself. My entire life goals have to do with "being taken seriously" on Internet message boards. I have no self worth if I am not "taken seriously" on Internet message boards. After all, if I am "taken seriously" on an Internet message board, I will get into Harvard and eventually become president of the United States. If not, none of that is going to happen.

Look, let's try to keep it real. Dude said that JD might not be any good because he "still looked soft in the middle." I merely pointed out that a guy named Bettis was way more soft in the middle and he did OK, it seems. NO WHERE did I claim JD was as good as Bettis, I merely POINTED OUT A FACT that Bettis was a lot more fat than this kid. DO NOT DEAL IN STRAW MAN ARGUMENTS, as they are the tool of the weak minded.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lloydroid is making it very hard for me to cheer for dwyer.

if this guy ever does anything in a real game, this place will be unbearable.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-dwyer-makes-push-for-starting-spot-651454/?p=0[/url]

Whoop, there it is. I was ridiculed for thinking JD had the goods, but I am looking more and more the prognosticator every day. WHOOP, there it is.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lloydroid is making it very hard for me to cheer for dwyer.

if this guy ever does anything in a real game, this place will be unbearable.
    We have a name for people like you: HATER.

You are just jealous of vision. Don't hate. So you didn't see his talent and I did; get over it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Bettis showed his ability from day one, when he was rookie of the year...
    Yes, he did. And? So what if JD was more immature and took longer to put the work in. We all come from different life circumstances. Who are we to judge why JD took some time to mature? Right now, he is doing a lot more than just jumping around.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yep, nobody here worried about being taken seriously on an internet message board.

lol.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yes, he did. And? So what if JD was more immature and took longer to put the work in. We all come from different life circumstances. Who are we to judge why JD took some time to mature? Right now, he is doing a lot more than just jumping around.
    What are you talking about?

I'm not judging Jonathan Dwyer as a person...I'm judging him as a football player...

I can only go by the evidence I've seen and what he's put on tape during regular season and preseason games...so far, that hasn't been a great deal...

And don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back...I posted last week that Dale Lolley put the same thing on his online blog several days ago...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    What are you talking about?

I'm not judging Jonathan Dwyer as a person...I'm judging him as a football player...

I can only go by the evidence I've seen and what he's put on tape during regular season and preseason games...so far, that hasn't been a great deal...

And don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back...I posted last week that Dale Lolley put the same thing on his online blog several days ago...
    Several days ago? Son, I've been touting JD's skills for years, not days. (On other message boards and to every Steeler fan friend I talk to.) As soon as they drafted him I soaked in his highlights in college and was impressed and knew he could be more productive than Menden-SPIN. Now the day has finally arrived. This is one of those few, rare late draft picks that Pgh hit on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

By the way, JD carried the rock 13 times for 63 yards posting a 4.8 ypc. That is nothing to sneeze at. I think he has arrived and he will be our bread and butter back this season. We finally have a legit HB who will scare defenses. This is going to be something special.