Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Sean Spence done or will he be back next year?

Legend

User Info Menu

So after 10 games you've come to the conclusion that Adams was a bad pick?
    I have to laugh at some of you people.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    by Gerry Dulac
    March 15, 2013

Question from my chat: Is Sean Spence done or will he be back next year?

My answer...

Let me start by saying the Steelers don't know if he will ever be able to play again. The peroneal nerve behind his knee was damaged, in addition to multiple ligament tears and a dislocated knee, and if that nerve doesn't regenerate he will never play again. The same injury ended Elnardo Webster's career after three games as a rookie in 1992.

Now, if and when the nerve regenerates, then the Steelers can determine when he might be able to play. Right now, it does not appear he will play in 2013. Too bad, too. He's a good kid and a nice player -- a perfect fit for the way the Steelers like to employ their ILBs.

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh/f/c742d9d3-d4a8-4828-9f2a-362aff424622/?source=twitter[/URL]
    Hopefully he can live a normal life, regardless of playing football.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Adams actually outperformed many expectations in Year 1. How anyone can say he's a bad pick... more shows a bias against the player coming out of college than any actual appraisal of his play.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No, I didn't even need the 10 games to come to that conclusion. I stand by it. At best, he may be serviceable (i.e. a poorman's Max Starks).

As for Kendricks hawaiian, I know he was already gone. Just since it was hypothetical, we would hypothetically have traded up too!

Legend

User Info Menu

Shoe you have a crystal ball or are you one of those guys who judges a players abilities through the television set?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Allegheny ILS View Post
    Hopefully he can live a normal life, regardless of playing football.

that's not a given either unfortunately. The peroneal nerve is what allows you to pick up your foot while you walk. If that nerve is damaged and doesn't heal well, he could very likely be wearing a brace on that ankle for the rest of his life.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    that's not a given either unfortunately. The peroneal nerve is what allows you to pick up your foot while you walk. If that nerve is damaged and doesn't heal well, he could very likely be wearing a brace on that ankle for the rest of his life.
    Its just really really ****ty luck. I liked him a lot too, still do. Hope he recovers.

Legend

User Info Menu

What a great playmaker in college he was.... would like to see him get a shot at the NFL, but it looks grim.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shoe you have a crystal ball or are you one of those guys who judges a players abilities through the television set?
    How else would I just players, pete? When you watch our Steelers play, (presumably on TV) don't you "judge" based on what you see??
    There are a lot of teams (the Steelers themselves, before Adams supposedly drove to their complex) who removed him from their board, before he played a down of NFL football. I'm sure many if not all of those teams stand by their evaluation. As do I with mine.

I removed him from my "board", for his lack of the mental necessities (i.e. being too stupid to refrain from smoking before his job interview) and his mediocrity (given his athletic gifts) on the college level. His rookie campaign certainly did nothing to change that opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Looking forward to Adams in year 2, see what improvement he makes. Looking forward to the zone blocking scheme with him, Decastro, Pouncey on the right side, maybe with Spaeth lining up at the TE on that side.

I am one of those who would have liked to see Mendenhall run in this system with these new young players. I think he would do well in the ZB scheme. But that water's long gone over the dam. Hope Dwyer shows well this year.