Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For All the Whiners & Doomsday Posters Out There

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For All the Whiners & Doomsday Posters Out There

Since 2004, the Steelers and the Patriots are the ONLY two teams who have won at least 8 games EVERY season.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Since 2004, the Steelers and the Patriots are the ONLY two teams who have won at least 8 games EVERY season.
    Nice stat but it still doesn't make missing the play offs OK. Just a testament to the organizations and how they do business. Continuity is the calling card for both, but eventually you do have to make changes if you want to stay on top.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yes, the success of the Steelers is documented over the years, we as fans get frustrated and disappointed when they fail to meet expectations.
    The fans are right, when they see a talented team underperform and we underperformed big time against teams we should beat easily.
    Fans offer their opinions and more often they are right, we can't sugarcoat this season, we failed as a TEAM, not individually.

I don't have an issue with fans calling out bad decisions that the coaches make or players who don't play up the standard of quality play. I do think some do overreact when they call for coaches heads. The Steelers give their head coach a long rope, unlike teams that fire their coaches every other year, we try to fix the issues to be competitive rather than making knee jerk decisions. You have to have stability, and we did good in that department.

I'm as disappointed as the next fan but people can't sweep in injuries under the rug and pretend they had nothing to do with the outcome of this season, and that we had to many penalties killing drives. Those issues can be fixed, the team has to get healthy and it wouldn't hurt for the players to take conditioning more seriously.

It is fact Ben played lousey the last part of the season, the drops by the receivers, penalties, and of course the injuries. The team can fix everything, but injuries they have no control over other than players being prepared when the season begins.

We could of gone in the tank that last game, but I seen a lot of effort out there in a game that didn't mean anything. We had a difficult season and a disappinting one but our Steelers never gave up, they are a prideful group and we'll be back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Honestly...going into this season, who really saw us as a "contender"??? ...Certainly not me. I almost didn't get the NFL Sunday Ticket.

It's tough to watch the team lose, especially games like Tennessee & Oakland but I really saw this year as a "transitional" year for the team. Was just a gut feeling.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe I picked the Steelers to go 6-10 at the low end and 9-7 at best.

Starter

User Info Menu

Regardless of preseason expectations, this team was 6-3 with its destiny firmly in its hands and they completely failed. Disgusting performance down the stretch and there is no way around that.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't understand the disgust? RT's fall like flies,7th rd rookie playing RT, No 1st rd guard, O-line players playing out of position, OB hurt for 3 freaking games, WR's not trying an dropping balls, overweight "star" player hurt 90% of the time, RB problems overall, 4 "old" impact players coming off knee or other health issues, The #1 corner goes down, #2 &#3 corners miss time, QB still hurt or hurting after missing 3 games.

I am glad to be 8-8. There are still games we could have won EVEN WITH all the problems. But damn come on the other teams play also.

Starter

User Info Menu

We all have our opinions. I am not one calling for Tomlin to be fired or saying the end is nigh. I am just telling it like it is. Disgusting performance IMO. Complete waste of the talent and opportunities that we had. You only get so many chances. This team blew it. I hope they don't blow it again next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, feel so much better now.
    Thanks for that, it will help me get by till Sept.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Honestly...going into this season, who really saw us as a "contender"??? ...Certainly not me. I almost didn't get the NFL Sunday Ticket.

It's tough to watch the team lose, especially games like Tennessee & Oakland but I really saw this year as a "transitional" year for the team. Was just a gut feeling.
    I certainly thought the Steelers had the makings of a contender this year. My biggest caveat's were the new offensive system and health of the team. Going in, it seemed like we had finally gotten the pieces in place to have the OL's arrow pointed north. Ben had a crew of young, fast and playmaking WR's. Even with Mendy out, it looked like Redman and Dwyer would be able to tote the rock with authority. We had a top Defense that was losing some players, but not guys who had been contributing often.

I would not have counted on Sushi being money like he was. Nor would I have thought we would have had the injury bug as bad as we did two years in a row.

I believe this team has the parts to be able to win it all without a major overhaul. These seasons happen sometimes even with great teams. Heck, the Bengals fans around me are usually ecstatic if they can make 8-8. The fact that Steelers fans find this unacceptable makes me feel a little good in a twisted kind of way.