Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it Haley, Art Rooeny or Mike Tomlin

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In Ben's defense, please (if you can re-watch this game) watch Mike Adams "block" Johnson. And tell me how you'd feel under that pressure.

Legend

User Info Menu

What Mike Adams used on Johnson shoud not be called blocking.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Correct... but why wasn't Starks brought back. Move Adams to RT. He's been overmatched since preseason and Tomlin is to stubborn to bring Max back and hurt his pride.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Johnson was getting his hands inside into Adams chest he could have been charged with felony serial groping.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tjs1974 View Post
    Calling the offensive plays. This is just pathetic. Our offense doesnt look exciting one bit. Big Steeler fan here win or lose but I am extremely frusturated with the offense and offensive playcalling.
    I think it's all three in this sequence

Rooney wanted BA gone
    Tomlin fire BA
    Rooney then suggest Haley

Tomlin hire Haley

Haley stinks

Tomlin don't have the guts to fire him.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Regarding Max....You have got to just drop that as an argument.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

In my humble opinion it is simply too obvious that Roethlisberger and Haley aren't on the same page. Roethlisberger isn'T feeling Haleys approach to the game, nor do they like themselves on a human relationship level. They are just too strong characters who have different approaches to football, as well as to off the field behavior. This has the inevitable consequence that Ben can't bring his A-Game. Simply not possible if you don't trust your OC. One of them has to go, and of course this can only be Haley,

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Correct... but why wasn't Starks brought back. Move Adams to RT. He's been overmatched since preseason and Tomlin is to stubborn to bring Max back and hurt his pride.
    YES!!! Been preaching it all stinking year. Even if Max isn't the long term answer, he may be enough of an upgrade to keep Ben out of the hospital... or a career ending injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Töm87 View Post
    In my humble opinion it is simply too obvious that Roethlisberger and Haley aren't on the same page. Roethlisberger isn'T feeling Haleys approach to the game, nor do they like themselves on a human relationship level. They are just too strong characters who have different approaches to football, as well as to off the field behavior. This has the inevitable consequence that Ben can't bring his A-Game. Simply not possible if you don't trust your OC. One of them has to go, and of course this can only be Haley,
    The most glaring example of this was after Ben hit Paulson for the big gain and knew he needed to get to the line and run a play before the challenge flag and Haley made him slow down to call a play. Tomlin should have taken the headset right there and asked him to leave. You have a quarterback that doesn't need to be babysat and that's what Haley is trying to do and Ben doesn't like it because he's a grown man and I don't blame him one bit.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    YES!!! Been preaching it all stinking year. Even if Max isn't the long term answer, he may be enough of an upgrade to keep Ben out of the hospital... or a career ending injury.
    I agree 100%; however, the reality of last night's game is that for a quarterback with Ben's experience and skill set he actually did have enough time. Ben was off his game last night, a lot of passes sailed high, he's fortunate that he didn't have more than one interception.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount