Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Beanie Weanie Wells in Pittsburgh today for

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Non-guaranteed contract with virtually no bonus, please.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Starter

User Info Menu

Dosent hurt to take a look at the guy. But, I really dont think the Steelers will sign Wells. I sure hope they dont.

Rookie

User Info Menu

At this point, the Steelers need to be turning over every rock to find a cap friendly player...if they didn't look at Wells, regardless of whether or not they sign him, I would be disappointed...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    It was worst QB rating for a winning QB.

Before Ben? Some guy named Elway was that record holder. He's pretty good too.
    That's not the issue.

You were spouting off about how Ben had to bail out Lebeau in the AZ Superbowl. Well, ARE and Hines Ward, along with Willie Parker and Ike Taylor, had to bail out Ben in the SB against Seattle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Jets signed RB Mike Goodson on a 3 yr 6.9 million deal. I would of liked to have kicked the tires on Goodson.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That's not the issue.

You were spouting off about how Ben had to bail out Lebeau in the AZ Superbowl. Well, ARE and Hines Ward, along with Willie Parker and Ike Taylor, had to bail out Ben in the SB against Seattle.
    And the TD Ben scored to bail out Bettis?

And the TD Ward dropped BEFORE Ben bailed out Bettis on the same drive?

Ward didn't catch a 3rd and 28 pass thrown to himself either.

If anything trying to cater to Bettis, AGAIN, hurt the offense. 4 attempts in the red zone to get ol' Bussie a TD in his home town.

And four times, he failed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    At this point, the Steelers need to be turning over every rock to find a cap friendly player...if they didn't look at Wells, regardless of whether or not they sign him, I would be disappointed...
    Agreed. I know what this guy is capable of when healthy. When is the last time we had a Steeler running back run for 228 yards in a game?
    Last edited by Shawn; 03-15-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Agreed. I know what this guy is capable of when healthy. When is the last time we had a Steeler running back run for 228 yards in a game?
    When healthy is the key. I was a fan of Wells in college. But the last thing we need is another back that cant stay on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    And the TD Ben scored to bail out Bettis?

And the TD Ward dropped BEFORE Ben bailed out Bettis on the same drive?

Ward didn't catch a 3rd and 28 pass thrown to himself either.

If anything trying to cater to Bettis, AGAIN, hurt the offense. 4 attempts in the red zone to get ol' Bussie a TD in his home town.

And four times, he failed.
    You mean the catch where Ward came back to a pass that could have easily been picked? And how about the awful pick he threw when trying to hit the TE? Wasn't it essentially the same pick he threw the year before in the AFCCG?

And using Bettis at the goal line is not catering to Bettis - that was his strength.

It's a shame, Crash. You have a great knowledge of the background of the team and you are capable of offering an interesting perspective. But for whatever reason, you are unable to do so and end up turning every thread into the same crap. Hell, I like Ben as a QB, despite all of his flaws. But he has flaws, and I don't understand why you can't acknowledge that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    When healthy is the key. I was a fan of Wells in college. But the last thing we need is another back that cant stay on the field.
    I hear ya. And I partially agree. The reason I would be willing to take a chance on Wells if his knee checks out is because the guy is young and has elite ability. When he was healthy he ran very well for the Cardinals, behind a terrible OL. The way I see it is I would rather have Wells for 6-7 games then another Rainey for 16.
    Trolls are people too.