Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Brown Play LT?

Legend

User Info Menu

Will Brown Play LT?

In the long tradition of the board wanting to move people to another position (see Colon, Willie), I can't help but wonder - is Brown being brought in to play LT? Is it possible that Beachum will go to LT with Brown to LG? Is Foster's injury more serious than was reported?

I don't know how quick Brown is, but I could see him as a massive road grader type at OG.

I doubt this really happens, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would think that they would try Beachum at LT first before bringing a career LT in as a guard. They will be plugging him in and praying at LT.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers are super lucky, Brown will be a huge improvement over Adams, much like Mesko has been over Butler...wait...what....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We didn't trade for Brown so he could play guard (though that is likely his best position).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I would think that they would try Beachum at LT first before bringing a career LT in as a guard. They will be plugging him in and praying at LT.
    i woudl think they would try beachum at GUARD and not make Levi have to go through a position switch...that's probably what you meant...??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    We didn't trade for Brown so he could play guard (though that is likely his best position).
    Guard will be his position next year after we draft a rookie LT.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bingo. No way the Steelers pass on this years top LT talent. Good year to be drafting high. 4-5 solid LTs, two I would consider elite.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    i woudl think they would try beachum at GUARD and not make Levi have to go through a position switch...that's probably what you meant...??
    Yeah, what I was trying to say was that if they were moving Beachum then they would have tried it first before making a trade. If they made the trade then he is playing tackle. Now we just have to settle LG and RT...before focusing on LT again very soon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    That would actually give you a seemingly decent line, at least on paper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Can he play center? I couldn't resist.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount