Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Cook: Finest moment for Mike Tomlin as Steelers coach

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    obviously you dont get it.
    the article states that he got the interview because of the rule but 'blew them away' with his responses. all im saying is how does cook know he blew them away? was cook there? Nope, just speculation on cooks part because he likes him. if cook hated him he could say, 'the rule got him the interview. he totally screwed up the process but they hired him anyway'. nobody knows how the interview went except the people actually there.
    Log off... you sound like a drooling idiot right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Log off... you sound like a drooling idiot right now.
    thats the response i would expect out of someone that cant comprehend

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    The league doesn't know what to do anymore. They're in a panic over anything seen as a potential threat to their cash cow. They dole out fines and flags more and more inconsistently with each passing season. Their fear of protecting their cash is clouding their judgment to the point that the game is losing some appeal. This thing with Tomlin was blown out of proportion. My guess is that the Steelers owners won't overreact like the league has.
    Fear leads to fines, fines lead suspension, suspension leads to fans suffering...
    I sense much fear in Goddell...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Anytime someone starts an article off defending someone by using racism as a crutch then the article is bull****. Fact is that he did win with Cowher's players. When a person talks about 2006 and doesn't mention Ben's motorcycle accident, appendectomy and concussion then they are just making excuses for Tomlin. I've outlined all of Cowher's players on Tomlin's team before so I'm not going to do it again but the fact is that he inherited a team one year removed from the SB and to this day several of his good players are still from Cowher's time. ALL his starting safeties are from Cowher, his best DL Keisel, QB is Ben, Miller, Foote, and Ike. All these players over 7 years into his tenure are from Cowher.

The rest of the article is just a fluff piece. He admits that he could be a fool and is ok with that. Well then I'm ok with it as well.
    I really don't care who's players he's won with. he's won.
    My problem is that our front office continues to be irresponsible with the cap. All of these restructures have caused a nightmare with our depth and ability to extend players.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I really don't care who's players he's won with. he's won.
    this right here^^^

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cook makes some good points. I also thought Tomlin did a great job in the presser. This is all much ado about nothing, IMO. Tomlin has done a fantastic job as coach thus far and I have been especially impressed this season. How he kept from losing the locker room after that start is a testimony to him. His ability to be flexible enough to deal with what has been thrown at him (especially on the injury front) have been impressive. We all make mistakes from time to time and it's a shame that every jackwagon that doesn't like the coach wants to use this as a way to get rid of him. SMH...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    ...and coach a football team that has won a lot of games during his tenure...
    It comes down to the old adage... "What have you done for me lately"?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Anytime someone starts an article off defending someone by using racism as a crutch then the article is bull****. Fact is that he did win with Cowher's players. When a person talks about 2006 and doesn't mention Ben's motorcycle accident, appendectomy and concussion then they are just making excuses for Tomlin. I've outlined all of Cowher's players on Tomlin's team before so I'm not going to do it again but the fact is that he inherited a team one year removed from the SB and to this day several of his good players are still from Cowher's time. ALL his starting safeties are from Cowher, his best DL Keisel, QB is Ben, Miller, Foote, and Ike. All these players over 7 years into his tenure are from Cowher.

The rest of the article is just a fluff piece. He admits that he could be a fool and is ok with that. Well then I'm ok with it as well.
    I believe kiesel has been passed by hey ward as far as best dlineman, especially with Brett and his recent string on injuries and age. Foote was let go and brought back. I think this argument is ridiculous honestly.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Shawn, I generally agree with you. I did and do think this was intentional. I think Tomlin's smirking after the play confirmed that, at least for me. He handled the press conference well enough, but his smirking after the play cost him a lot of money (as it should) and may cost a team that is in dire need of an infusion of talent a draft pick. So I wouldn't say that he handled things perfectly. Additionally, doesn't he know by know that Ryan Clark will say anything to anybody who has a microphone within his line of vision? Why Tomlin didn't instruct the team to stay silent after the penalty came down is beyond me. This isn't a hanging offense, but it is an enormous blunder that may cost the team significantly.
    Tomlin's "smirk" was like 10 mins after the play when they showed it 5-times in a row in the stadium Jumbotron. He was smirking when the crowd was going crazy. It's not like the play ended and Tomlin started to laugh like he got away with something.

The highlight has been edited to make it look like he did it and started immediately cracking up. Not the case.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    It comes down to the old adage... "What have you done for me lately"?
    He was able to help keep playoff hopes alive in a lost season while we are going thru cap hell.

Playoffs every year is unrealistic in this new NFL.