Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: KC/Steelers game thread: Pre & post game thoughts

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Join it all you want, but Tomlin is going no where and he would be unemployed for about 5 minutes because 25 other teams in the NFL would love to have Tomlin as head coach.

What we are seeing is the inevitable result of being on top for a decade and draft upon draft of choices at the bottom of each round. That has taken us out of contention for getting top notch Off Tackles which is our greatest need. Even this past draft we were more concerned with giving LeBeau another asset versus protecting our franchise QB. We didn't need Jones in Round 1 when Worilds was waiting to step in. We did need to continue to make the OL better and now we are paying for that.

BTW--The Patriots got manhandled by the Lions this past week. I doubt the New England fans are having hysterical rants about firing Belichek. Some perspective please.
    I guarantee Tomlin is on the hot seat this year.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I will make that bet.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

I believe he is also. Art II wants Haley as his head coach.

Be prepared.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I was also thinking decline the penalty and give them 3rd and 10 instead of 2nd and 15.
    I may have done that as well, if winning the game meant anything...but, exhibition games are for player evaluation...and coaching evaluation...I would say that Danny Smith needs to go back to the drawing board, regardless whether or not half of the players he's working with will be on the final 53...

Backup

User Info Menu

As I said last night, I understand this is the preseason, and the game results are not Important. But what is Important is the continual results of poor execution, and undisciplined players. Our penalty accumulation over the past 3 seasons is ridiculous.
    And the way our Head Coach has continued to not get his team up for teams that are so very obviously less talented then us is as I see it, a huge problem. I mean take last season, we finished 8-8, but, we lost to Oakland-Tennessee-Cleveland-San Diego....ALL of them so very bad teams. To me ANY Coach can get a team prepared to face a Quality opponent. But to me, the true measuring stick of a Head Coach is, does he get his team up, and keep them up, and prepared for the lesser teams.

And that IS something that Tomlin for the most part has failed at doing. Like I said, I will give it the first 5 games. I mean Tennessee, at Home no less. The pathetic Jets, who will be starting a very RAW Rookie QB, Chicago at Home, and yes we play At Minny, but that is in reality the London game, and usually the steelers have more out of the country fans then anyone. So I suspect that London game will really be more of a Home game for us then Minny.

Like I said, I CAN'T see us worse then 3-2, we will go into Cincy as underdogs, and we might lose that game. Maybe we lose one more. But no way we should be 2-3 after those 5 games, or worse. If we are, I think that SHOULD be considered and reflected on Tomlin's Inability to properly prepare his team....Once again!!

After our first 5, thats when I will start to evaluate.

Rookie

User Info Menu

We appreciate you telling us that...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I guarantee Tomlin is on the hot seat this year.
    I hate Tomlin as much as the next guy but since he was a "Rooney Rule" hire he has a job as long as he wants it. The Steeler's front office doesn't want the PR nightmare that comes with firing Tomlin. He's a safe as a kitten wrapped around a mother cat and he knows it. This might explain the undisciplined play, stupid penalties, sorry excuse for special teams and the list goes on, Tomlin knows no matter what happens he is a Steeler coach for life. Tomlin won early because Bill left a class of players who were determined to win. Those players are now gone and it shows a little more each and every season.
    Buckle your seat belt, boys, we are heading south under Tomlin and it's going to be a real long, long, long bumpy ride. I don't think we will need to beat Cleveland this year to go 8-8. We should have a losing season in the books long before this game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TomlintheClown View Post
    I hate Tomlin as much as the next guy but since he was a "Rooney Rule" hire he has a job as long as he wants it. The Steeler's front office doesn't want the PR nightmare that comes with firing Tomlin. He's a safe as a kitten wrapped around a mother cat and he knows it. This might explain the undisciplined play, stupid penalties, sorry excuse for special teams and the list goes on, Tomlin knows no matter what happens he is a Steeler coach for life. Tomlin won early because Bill left a class of players who were determined to win. Those players are now gone and it shows a little more each and every season.
    Buckle your seat belt, boys, we are heading south under Tomlin and it's going to be a real long, long, long bumpy ride. I don't think we will need to beat Cleveland this year to go 8-8. We should have a losing season in the books long before this game.

C'mon. That is a ridiculous statement. Yes the steelers have a history of not going through alot of Head Coaches. But I don't remember Cowher losing several games a year to vastly Inferior teams like Tomlin. Under Cowher, we were the least penalized team in the league. The past 3 years we have been among the league leaders in penalties. That shows a clear lack of Discipline, and that falls directly on the coach. Sorry but if the Steelers go say 6-10 or 5-11, and without any real Injuries to Star players. And we lose several games to teams that are clearly worse talent wise then we are, you are Crazy if you think the Rooney's won't fire Tomlin just because he is Black. Or because of any Rantings by the Likes of Jesse Jackson or whoever else. That is just Nuts!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

But I don't remember Cowher losing several games a year to vastly Inferior teams like Tomlin.
    Excuse me? Cowher lost to three first year expansion teams.

Two at home.

His 1998 team got beat twice by the 3-13 Bengals.

Backup

User Info Menu

Yes but those losses didn't keep us out of the playoffs did they ? Tomlin's losses are directly tied to use missing the playoffs last season. Also one of those Bengal losses we were devistated by Injuries as well. And you are overlooking the fact that in the past 4 years, we have had more 15 yard personal foul penalties then ANY other 10 teams during that same time...Wow!!