Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers sign

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers sign

Bey your thoughts
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't care about this one either way.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

I am PUMPED! This makes the Lance Moore signing a lot better for me! Bey can go deep and draw that safety while Brown, Moore, and Miller can work underneath. LOVE LOVE LOVE this signing and he helps me like the Lance Moore signing as well. Way to go Steelers!!!! The Blount signing and now this? WOW!

Legend

User Info Menu

Player A: 169 Catches, 2380 yards, 14.1 YPC, 12 career TDs.

Player B: 161 Catches, 2030 yards, 12.6 YPC, 11 career TDs.

Player A did have one more season, but otherwise the numbers between the two are relatively comparable. Player A is DHB, and player B is Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders, of course, played with Ben his whole career, while Bey caught passes from a bunch of homeless guys in Oakland before playing with Luck last year.

I think that Sanders is the better receiver (though he had 740 yards last year, compared to 975 for DHB), but he's going to be making $5-6 million per year, whatever the number is, while Bey likely signed for the veteran minimum.

Backup

User Info Menu

Sanders wasn't good at stretching the field and the DEFENSE didn't respect our deep ball last year. You move the safeties back a few steps and you not only open up the underneath stuff for our other WR's but you also improve our running game as well. Irvin had Harper who never put up HUGE STATS but without Harper would Irvin really be as good?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hausparty View Post
    I am PUMPED! This makes the Lance Moore signing a lot better for me! Bey can go deep and draw that safety while Brown, Moore, and Miller can work underneath. LOVE LOVE LOVE this signing and he helps me like the Lance Moore signing as well. Way to go Steelers!!!! The Blount signing and now this? WOW!

Bey can go deep, but can he catch the ball? He seems to me to be a sprinter not a wide receiver. Didn't we just get rid of one of those?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bey can go deep, but can he catch the ball? He seems to me to be a sprinter not a wide receiver. Didn't we just get rid of one of those?
    yep... and while he was here he was very productive.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yep... and while he was here he was very productive.
    He was, as was Nate Washington when he was here.

And having a Nate Washington, Mike Wallace or DHB playing on a veteran deal or a rookie contract is a lot difference than paying Mike Wallace whatever obscene figure he is making from the Dolphins.

Legend

User Info Menu

its a no risk signing. maybe a change of scenery will help him.
    hes just another mediocre wr to add to the mix. bey and the other steeler wrs, not named antonio brown, can fight for roster spots with little financial risk on the organization.
    training camp wr battles could be fun to watch
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Backup

User Info Menu

Bey can go deep, but can he catch the ball?
    no offense but WHO CARES? Did Wallace catch the ball well? Did he get the double coverage? YES! How about Antonio Brown last year? Didn't he drop a few passes and wasn't he in Tomlin's doghouse for a bit?

This game is all about X's and O's and having a speedster helps this offense: PERIOD Mike Wallace was an overpriced DECOY that made our passing game better. Emmanuel Sanders tried to go deep last year and it just didn't work nor did it make anyone pay attention. Having STONE HANDS BEY will still draw that double coverage whether he can catch the ball or not! It's a legitimate threat and makes the Moore Signing make sense now.