Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden: Leaving Might be Ben's Best Bet

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't care about rumors or twitter or Rappaport. It would be insane to let Ben go. But I'll tell you this, Cleveland would sell their soul for a franchise QB and that would move him only 90 minutes from home.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I don't care about rumors or twitter or Rappaport. It would be insane to let Ben go. But I'll tell you this, Cleveland would sell their soul for a franchise QB and that would move him only 90 minutes from home.
    Maybe they could send us back Hoyer in the trade

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    Cha-ching!!! I am willing to bet not only does Arizona go hard after Ben, but Cleveland will to. And if Ben and his agent given permission by the Steelers to explore trade options, I am willing to double that bet they look hard at the Browns. He goes closer to home and he'll get to play the Steelers twice a year. Cleveland has two 1st round picks and both could be top 15 picks.

Of course, the Steelers will only do this if Cleveland over pays. And I agree with you. They will.

But here is where I disagree with you. You say it is insane to let Ben go? With Ben the past year and half the Steelers are 11-15. He is going to be 32 next year. His cap hit is close to $14 million dollars. This team has many holes on both sides of the ball that will take several years to fill. I say it is insane not to trade him.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    He goes closer to home and he'll get to play the Steelers twice a year.
    His wife is from Pittsburgh. Ben plays football and travels. It's more important for his wife and kids to be closer to family than it is for him. Mrs. Roethlisberger is calling the shots now and I bet she wants to remain in Pittsburgh and so does Ben. Someone should ask her. I think she could put this rumor to bed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron City Inc. View Post
    Madden sturs up the cauldron. Without bashing him (fired from PG) one can simply say everyone has an opinion allowed to have one and no brain is required. Ben comes out and states he wants to stay so does his agent and the front office confirms no intent to move him. Is there any question here.

yup, cuz players and agents never say stuff like that when it comes making the player look good and the owners look bad to the public.............sheeesh

Legend

User Info Menu

Dubs he isn't spot on. He said Ben isn't to blame for the offensive woes. Well if he isn't then I don't know who is. He certain had a HUGE role in how poorly this O has rolled.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    His wife is from Pittsburgh. Ben plays football and travels. It's more important for his wife and kids to be closer to family than it is for him. Mrs. Roethlisberger is calling the shots now and I bet she wants to remain in Pittsburgh and so does Ben. Someone should ask her. I think she could put this rumor to bed.
    Ben going to Cleveland after adamantly claiming to be a "Pittsburgher" who wanted to play for the Steelers the rest of his career would be a level of douchebaggery that only guys like Nick Saban can sink to. Think what you want about Ben, yes he plays for money, but he's not that kind of jackass.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Dude you do not read or listen very well. No one ever said ARII was behind the rumor.
    YOU don't read very well...I was responding to a suggestion made by Eich. Go back and read his post.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Oh my goodness!! Some of you hear what you want to hear.
    Says the pot to the kettle...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Dubs he isn't spot on. He said Ben isn't to blame for the offensive woes. Well if he isn't then I don't know who is. He certain had a HUGE role in how poorly this O has rolled.
    Might have something to do with a meddling owner who wants to relive the 70's and an egomaniac of an offensive coordinator that is obsessed with screen passes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Madden wants to eat a big piece of the attention pie.