Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Hoyer signs...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Brian Hoyer signs...

So, what do you guys think of this one? I think it's a good choice.
    He has experience playing backup to an elite QB and team...

Legend

User Info Menu

I have no idea. Maybe he's friends with Plax and they came as a package both being from MSU? Did they work out together or something?

Anyone know why the Pats cut him?

The last Pats backup, Cassell, is awful. Belichick has a history of bad QBs other than Brady. He hit the jackpot with Brady, but even going back to Cleveland, he's never had a knack for developing QBs. So this signing is a bit of a head scratcher.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah the Pats cut Hoyer not because he wasn't progressing but because they invested a draft pick in Mallet. There was some upset within the Pats camp because Hoyer at the point he was cut was the better QB...certainly managed games better. Hoyer put up some really nice numbers in his two preseasons, is a good game manager and can make the throws.
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I have no idea. Maybe he's friends with Plax and they came as a package both being from MSU? Did they work out together or something?

Anyone know why the Pats cut him?

The last Pats backup, Cassell, is awful. Belichick has a history of bad QBs other than Brady. He hit the jackpot with Brady, but even going back to Cleveland, he's never had a knack for developing QBs. So this signing is a bit of a head scratcher.
    Drew Bledsoe....

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Hoyer is a good pick up. The type of offense the Pats run is not that different than what haley is running based on quick reads and short to medium range routes. Let's face it, it's not like there are alot of great QBs waiting for a job.

I was more surprised we signed Burress over Derrick Williams given that Williams was with us all through camp. Personally I think Burress will be on zero value. he wasn't good last year when he played and I don't expect he will do anything for us. They should have just brought up the other kid from the practice squad like they did Gilreath.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think Hoyer is a good pick up. The type of offense the Pats run is not that different than what haley is running based on quick reads and short to medium range routes. Let's face it, it's not like there are alot of great QBs waiting for a job.

I was more surprised we signed Burress over Derrick Williams given that Williams was with us all through camp. Personally I think Burress will be on zero value. he wasn't good last year when he played and I don't expect he will do anything for us. They should have just brought up the other kid from the practice squad like they did Gilreath.
    I would like to see what Burress can do with Ben... I can't judge Burress based on his production with Dirty Sanchez... that guy sucks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I would like to see what Burress can do with Ben... I can't judge Burress based on his production with Dirty Sanchez... that guy sucks.
    IMO Burress offers nothing. They guy sucked for the Jets last year and he will suck for us.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO Burress offers nothing. They guy sucked for the Jets last year and he will suck for us.
    uhh.... he was good for 8 TDs last season.... which is more than the 2-4 WRs combined....

Legend

User Info Menu

The type of offense the Pats run is not that different than what haley is running based on quick reads and short to medium range routes.
    This is probably why we signed him. Good point Ovi 1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    uhh.... he was good for 8 TDs last season.... which is more than the 2-4 WRs combined....
    Yup...in that sucky Jets season coming in rusty after 2 years out of the league with a prison stay and Sanchez throwing him the ball, he still had the same number of TD catches that Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders have for their entire NFL careers combined (and that would be 5 total NFL seasons...2.5 years of each in the league)...if anything, Plaxico should certainly help us in the red zone (but between the 20's, I prefer Cotchery to Plax at this stage of their careers...once Jerricho's rib heal, of course).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.