Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Tebow

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The media should be ashamed. The way the Jets handled the situation from the owner to the Head coach was a complete debacle and a total lack of class. I hope they don't win anything for decades. That said, Tebow's pride is what's hurting him today. Numerous teams have shown interest in him as a player, just not a QB, and he won't bother to entertain that thought. Instead of the possibility of a productive NFL career; he's insisting on being Eric Crouch with an unwillingness to admit his college skills don't translate appropriately.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The media should be ashamed. The way the Jets handled the situation from the owner to the Head coach was a complete debacle and a total lack of class. I hope they don't win anything for decades. That said, Tebow's pride is what's hurting him today. Numerous teams have shown interest in him as a player, just not a QB, and he won't bother to entertain that thought. Instead of the possibility of a productive NFL career; he's insisting on being Eric Crouch with an unwillingness to admit his college skills don't translate appropriately.
    Why should the media be ashamed? They saw an opportunity to make money off of a hard working christian who couldn't pass... and Tebow loved every minute of it.

Tebow had plenty of chances to shut this circus down but he felt like it was God's plan to use his fame to spread the Gospel... that's cool and all but he probably should have spent a little more time spreading the ball around and working on his footwork and accuracy.

Is it really a shame Tebow didn't get time in NYJ? Did they really mishandle this situation? The real crime is the other QB not getting a real shot last year. Plenty of QB's with more talent didn't see the field last year.

Where is the love for Jimmy Clausen? LOL... The real question is why are the Jets being treated like they kept Montana on the bench? Tebow isn't an NFL QB.. and obviously he isn't interested in doing whatever it takes to play football like he said he was... he wants to be what teams don't need.

Legend

User Info Menu

I heard Jimmy Fallon say God finally listened to Tebow's prayer to get him out of NY.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I heard Jimmy Fallon say God finally listened to Tebow's prayer to get him out of NY.

LOL.. all jokes aside, I hope this going to put an end to this off field hype..

Don't get me wrong... I love feel good stories, love hearing about the struggle to make it or charity work but I can't stand when the media and fans try to make a person feel like a christian hater because they don't think a guy can play the game.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    LOL.. all jokes aside, I hope this going to put an end to this off field hype..

Don't get me wrong... I love feel good stories, love hearing about the struggle to make it or charity work but I can't stand when the media and fans try to make a person feel like a christian hater because they don't think a guy can play the game.
    Being a christian has nothing to do with Tebow's inability to pass the ball against every team except the Steelers...just as, conversely, all the faiith in the world isn't going to make him a good passer...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Being a christian has nothing to do with Tebow's inability to pass the ball against every team except the Steelers...just as, conversely, all the faiith in the world isn't going to make him a good passer...
    If Tebow didn't were his religion on his sleeve we wouldn't be discussing him right now. Plenty of QB's who are much better and are back ups don't get this type of press.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If Tebow didn't were his religion on his sleeve we wouldn't be discussing him right now. Plenty of QB's who are much better and are back ups don't get this type of press.
    Well, if Tebow had sucked in college and hadn't won the Heisman, we wouldn't be talking about him...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Well, if Tebow had sucked in college and hadn't won the Heisman, we wouldn't be talking about him...
    $$$$$$$$$$$

Legend

User Info Menu

Nicely said. This is also used by the media in other areas besides Christians - gays, blacks, muslims, illegals, etc. It is a slimey trick of the toilet media we have today.

I hate it.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

No TE, No TE-bow
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"