Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can you not love this guy?!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The one thing that's a shame is he's not gonna get the chance to learn from watching Harrison. It woulda been even sweeter if he coulda just followed James around for a year and did everything James does.
    We already have an OLB that did just that. Jason Worilds spent all of last year lifting weights with Harrison. Worilds is supposedly hitting this off-season with great gusto.

I'm ok with the Jones pick at 17, but lets not discount Jason Worilds yet.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    We already have an OLB that did just that. Jason Worilds spent all of last year lifting weights with Harrison. Worilds is supposedly hitting this off-season with great gusto.

I'm ok with the Jones pick at 17, but lets not discount Jason Worilds yet.
    Worilds is the guy I'm most excited about. With his size/speed combo, I think he could be on the trajectory of a 15+ sack season if he can stay healthy.

Wouldn't it be crazy if all the guys come into camp in shape and stay healthy. Everyone's asleep on the Steelers, but I think this year could be it if just a couple guys work a little harder.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Worilds is the guy I'm most excited about. With his size/speed combo, I think he could be on the trajectory of a 15+ sack season if he can stay healthy.

Wouldn't it be crazy if all the guys come into camp in shape and stay healthy. Everyone's asleep on the Steelers, but I think this year could be it if just a couple guys work a little harder.
    We can talk all we want about the "D", but it will really come down to Big Ben's health and the offense IMHO.

Legend

User Info Menu

We can talk all we want about the "D", but it will really come down to Big Ben's health and the offense IMHO.
    Special teams weren't very special IMO either.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Worilds has a set of guns on him. Hope those guns pay off for the Steelers.
    A different set of guns than the man he is replacing in the lineup:

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

This.

If the Steelers average <= 22 ppg, then no playoffs again this season (and that is assuming the defense stays in top form).

Legend

User Info Menu

I'll love him when he shows me what he can do on the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why cant we just let him roam and do whatever he wants? Who cares if theres 3 OLBs on the field together?
    He played a little bit of a rover position in college at times, and I'd love to see some passing sets with Jones, Woodley and Worilds on the field at the same time.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why cant we just let him roam and do whatever he wants? Who cares if theres 3 OLBs on the field together?
    That would require flexibilty in the defense. Der Fuhrer can't allow deviation from the scheme regadless of talent.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He played a little bit of a rover position in college at times, and I'd love to see some passing sets with Jones, Woodley and Worilds on the field at the same time.
    Me too. I think our pass rush improve with that.
    Steeler Nation in Spain