Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hope the Steeler Players and Coaches were watching NFL opening game last night.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hope the Steeler Players and Coaches were watching NFL opening game last night.

Hope they were paying attention real good...

Because, they will need to score touchdowns and put more points up then what
    they did last season. They cannot just kick field goals often ...they need to play aggressive, mix the plays up, etc....
    Element of surprise not like this lame duck response to Syria........

They will need to show up Sunday and play to win.......
    They better not have this play safe attitude or thy will be eaten alive.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Especially since Lebeau's scheme woulda probably given up 10 passing TDs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Ravens Defense is Garbage and got winded in their first whole game in Denver. Similar thing happened last year on opening night to us but we didn't give up 49pts.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post

they did last season. They cannot just kick field goals often ...they need to play aggressive, mix the plays up, etc....

Syria? Wow.. nice.

Anyway... there is no reason to make a case for scoring a ton of points due to a Denver blow out at home vs a team who shocked them in the playoffs last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post

Wow!.... score more points. I'll bet the coaches never thought of that before.....

this is a silly post....

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Wow!.... score more points. I'll bet the coaches never thought of that before.....

this is a silly post....
    I can't speak for Sword, and if he wants to reply to this post to correct me then so be it. I think what he might be implying is that scoring points is more important than ball control or TOP.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe the Broncos to be the best team in football. Opening in Denver is tough. Not sure the Steelers would have faired any better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    The Ravens Defense is Garbage and got winded in their first whole game in Denver. Similar thing happened last year on opening night to us but we didn't give up 49pts.
    A loss is a loss and we lost last season same way the Ravens did. Couldn't get to the QB!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I believe the Broncos to be the best team in football. Opening in Denver is tough. Not sure the Steelers would have faired any better.
    I think we would have...

this is a Raven team that won the SB and lost Ray Ray, Ed Reed and Boldin...

I don't think this team is all that great. It looks like the typical Manning type of team with a slightly better D.

Backup

User Info Menu

It tells me somebody better play some defense. The Steelers don't have a great record when Ben throws a ton of passes. At one point he was 51-9 when he threw 30 or less passes and 18-22 when he threw more than 30 pass. So if anybody thinks Ben is going to outscore anybody by throwing a ton they better rethink that. That means TOP and running is very important to the Steelers.