Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I had to change my Steelers mock...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

So I had to change my Steelers mock...

With the signing of Ramon Foster (which was kind of a surprise), I no longer think the Steelers will draft Jonathan Cooper. So here it is...

1-Keenan Allen WR CAL
    2-Sio Moore OLB UConn
    3-Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
    4-Darius Slay CB Mississippi State
    5-Earl Wolff SS North Carolina State
    6-Josh Boyd NT Mississippi State
    7-Vince Williams ILB Florida State

If you havent seen Keen Allen play, he is electric in the open field. Not a speed burner but he plays fast. If he doesn't get hurt last year a lot more people would be talking about him. And one other point on Allen, his QB wasnt the best at throwing the ball.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Darius Slay isn't going to be there when we draft in the 4th round...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Darius Slay isn't going to be there when we draft in the 4th round...
    Maybe not. Scouts Inc. has him rated as the 108th best player on their board. That's mid-4th round. If not him then I'd go with Marc Anthony of Cal.

Marc Anthony CAL.jpg
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Administrator

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be upset with Allen as our pick but I'd prefer DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson. He fits the bill for the Steelers:

1) Polished route running
    2) Good size
    3) High points the ball and is aggressive with the ball in the air
    4) Fits Todd Haley's system
    5) Great hands (best attribute)

There are a few players that might have better "upside" at 1.17 but I think Hopkins is one of the safest picks in the draft. I want safety, and ILB in this draft but those two can be addressed later. In my personal opinion, there isn't a safety or ILB that rates higher on my BPA scale than Hopkins.

Unless someone like Jones or Ansah falls, I would take Hopkins as BPA at a position of need.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

No need drafting a WR at 17 because with resigning Buress they have the WRs who will see the bulk of the playing time. Draft TE Tyler Eifert and you add a weapon to the passing game that will actually get a chance to earn playing time.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No need drafting a WR at 17 because with resigning Buress they have the WRs who will see the bulk of the playing time. Draft TE Tyler Eifert and you add a weapon to the passing game that will actually get a chance to earn playing time.
    I see the argument for Eifert and would not be opposed to the Steelers adding a TE. However, Plaxico is old and not getting any younger, and it typically takes a WR at least one year to adjust to the NFL. Plax is a great example of that - he was awful as a rookie.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would rather see eifert as well.

WR is deep enough that you could find a quality player in the 3rd round or so. Done it before.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Tyler Eifert could help our offense right away plus the future replacement for Heath Miller, I would select him @17 without question. We can fill other needs later in the draft, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers select CB in round one.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Paulson, Heath Miller, DJ, WJ and and you want a 1st round pick. Sorry, I don't see that happening.

You need to replace Wallace. Hopkins or even Allen fit the bill.

Plaxico - Old but a decent signing and teams have to respect him in the redzone especially
    Brown - known commodity
    Sanders - Starting #2 receiver but are you confident with that? Injury issues, consistency issues?
    Cotchery - He's a legit #3 or #4

My main issue isn't depth. My main issue is the #2 spot (assuming Brown being considered the #1 as his contract might dictate)

Oh, one more thing....

Plax will be 36 this year.
    Sanders will be an UFA next year
    Cotchery will be a UFA next year

I think WR could very likely be the pick at 1.17.

I really want a future starting ILB and I really want future starting safeties (both SS and FS). I really don't think any ILB or S is BPA over Hopkins. I know a lot less about Allen but I hear he's a solid pick as well.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Allen would be a good get. While they are looking at the state of California, I hope they consider Johnathan Franklin as well. Kid can run!