Thread: I don't know, man. Was it the right thing to do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know, man. Was it the right thing to do?

Dallas allowed Josh Brent on the sidelines, the week of him drunk driving and killing his passenger teammate from the wreck. He wasn't even an active roster player to begin with, yet they let him hang out on the sidelines, where he could be seen laughing and smiling. Now, I know everyone can make a mistake, and I am not indicting the guy for the rest of his life, but how would you feel if you were the other guy who died family? Would you be OK with the team allowing Brent to laugh it up on the sidelines, to which, I don't think previous to this he was allowed on the side lines (Practice players don't hang on the sidelines during games, do they?) Whoever made the decision to allow Brent on the sideline, and whoever OK'd it (Jones?) needs to re-evaluate if that was such an appropriate move.

Then there is KC Chief's Belcher, who allegedly committed the murder-suicide, and who's teammates made a shrine of his locker. Some questioned if it was appropriate to make a shrine of a guy who just murdered his baby's mother, and himself, making his infant an orphan. Do you really want to make a shrine of his locker? Granted, it's up to the individual to decide how much they want to judge the guy, but by making a shrine of his locker, is that not a slap to the face of the parents' of his slain girlfriend?

Starter

User Info Menu

Can't really agree with either of these moves by either one of these organizations.

Leaves a bad taste in my mouth, that's all.

Legend

User Info Menu

His friend got in the car with him. That was his choice. It wasn't like he was an innocent bystander that was affected. I'd assume his friend was the drunker of the 2.

What happens sucks the big one. But his friend didn't have to get in the car. He's just as accountable. They both messed up. This may sound callous, but the dead kid got the easy way out. By no means is there any way the survivor will ever be right. His friend is at peace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Jerry Brown's mother urged Josh Brent to sit with her at her son's funeral. She has stated that she has forgiven him, and does not want to see him prosecuted. [URL]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000111526/article/jerry-brown-jrs-mother-forgives-cowboys-josh-brent[/URL]

Belcher's locker was cleaned out a week ago. [URL]http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/belchers-locker-is-gone.html[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Josh Brent has a stat line for all but one game before the accident. He wasn't just a practice squad player for them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    His friend got in the car with him. That was his choice. It wasn't like he was an innocent bystander that was affected. I'd assume his friend was the drunker of the 2.

What happens sucks the big one. But his friend didn't have to get in the car. He's just as accountable. They both messed up. This may sound callous, but the dead kid got the easy way out. By no means is there any way the survivor will ever be right. His friend is at peace.
    Well, that wasn't my point, although I understand what you are saying. My point was that I am not sure if it was right to have the guy roam the sidelines after this tragic event. It's like trying to say it's all good, when it isn't.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Josh Brent has a stat line for all but one game before the accident. He wasn't just a practice squad player for them.
    OK, but the point remains: Should he have been on the sidelines after this?