Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bell hurt AGAIN today in camp

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Well, that pretty much confirms it. New Nickname for Bell....Tissue Paper Man!! I feel sorry for him. But missing the first 2 pre-season games will cripple any chance for him being our number 1 RB this season. Say hello to our NEW Starting RB.....Howling or Dwyer!!
    crack_pipe.jpg

LMAO! How many new names can you think up?
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Always the fear of taller built backs. Larger target area and defenders will chop him down at the knees during the game. They can't get their pad level low enough to redirect the incoming blow & with the new league rule...It only adds to concern. My bigger concern is this is happening in camp. Camp is LIVE but the game simulation still lies ahead for him. He better learn to pick his battles and get down. Dorothy isn't in the Big 10 anymore.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Always the fear of taller built backs. Larger target area and defenders will chop him down at the knees during the game. They can't get their pad level low enough to redirect the incoming blow & with the new league rule...It only adds to concern. My bigger concern is this is happening in camp. Camp is LIVE but the game simulation still lies ahead for him. He better learn to pick his battles and get down. Dorothy isn't in the Big 10 anymore.
    He got hurt because on that particular play there was NOT supposed to be live tackling. Whoever hit him apparently didn't know. Had Bell known he was going to be hit, he probably would have braced himself for it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Don't know if this is a Bad sign for Bell's Injury, or a sign that maybe Batch might be gone. But, we just signed another RB.

Steelers | Jeremy Wright signs
    Fri, 16 Aug 2013 07:50:19 -0700
    The Pittsburgh Steelers signed free-agent RB Jeremy Wright (Giants) to an undisclosed deal.
    Comment | Source: The Baltimore Sun - Aaron Wilson

Read more: [url]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2c97RTnOg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben thinks Bell is fine, Bell says same injury and wants to play Monday. Nothing here folks move on.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

From reading tweets from folks close to the situation, Bell reaggravated a knee BRUISE. Painful, but nothing torn. A little ice and water therapy and he'll be fine.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    Bell was taken in the second round.
    yeah...him too. lol...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    He got hurt because on that particular play there was NOT supposed to be live tackling. Whoever hit him apparently didn't know. Had Bell known he was going to be hit, he probably would have braced himself for it.
    His originally injury happened in live drills. We don't have to speculate about anything. If & when he gets on the field...We will see if he can stay on the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Don't know if this is a Bad sign for Bell's Injury, or a sign that maybe Batch might be gone. But, we just signed another RB.

Steelers | Jeremy Wright signs
    Fri, 16 Aug 2013 07:50:19 -0700
    The Pittsburgh Steelers signed free-agent RB Jeremy Wright (Giants) to an undisclosed deal.
    Comment | Source: The Baltimore Sun - Aaron Wilson

Read more: [URL]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2c97RTnOg[/URL]
    Wright is put together and I remember reading after the draft where many in the Giants organization compared him to Bradshaw. This may just mean that Bell & possibly Redman (or someone else) may not play Monday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Ben thinks Bell is fine, Bell says same injury and wants to play Monday. Nothing here folks move on.
    I agree, most likely nothing. Other than giving fans something to look at Bell is probably doing more than enough work at camp. Preseason games will do little to help, so if he is dinged up let him get healthy.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"