Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Mr. Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    its a waste of time dub.

wallace will be blamed for every steeler loss from here on out.
    Wallace has been playing half hearted...it's pretty obvious. That is what I have a hard time dealing with...talent who refuses to play at 100% because he feels he is underpaid.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lol.... Wallace is more concerned with winning the race then catching the ball...
    I can somehow picture him going to the sidelines and bragging about how he BLEW RIGHT BY those guys..
    Getting timing on deep throws takes time and practice....until then you gotta break stride and jump for the ball or at least knock it down
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I can somehow picture him going to the sidelines and bragging about how he BLEW RIGHT BY those guys..
    Wally: Hey Ben. Hey Ben. You saw me run right by those guys right.

Ben: Yes Mike you were fast.

Wally: That's right I'm fast. You might want to mention it to Charlie for me. I'm an elite WR and only talk to elite players.

Ben: Roger that Mike.

Wally: Hey Coach. Hey Coach. You might wanna remind Mr Rooney I ran by those guys right there.

Mike T: Should I tell him you ran by the ball too?

Wally: Yep, you tell him Charlie's a limp wristed chump and I'm the greatest WR ever. With a good QB I woulda scored and you know it coach.

Mike T: So you ran by the ball on purpose.

Wally: Yep so you can see why Young Money needs to see it rain.

Mike T: Anything else you want me to tell him.

Wally: Yeah coach, yeah. Tell him that an Elite WR needs an Elite QB. And if Mr Rooney wants to get the best out of his investment, give me Ben's contract and then go get Aaron Rodgers to throw me the ball.

Mike T: You want me to tell Mr Rooney to get rid of Ben.

Wally: Yep.

Mike T: You one trick crazy.

Wally: And tell him I need an elite coach. Elite WRs need Elite coaches.

Mike T: Let me run that by him.

Wally: Yeah. Yeah. That's it. Tell Mr Rooney I run right by him too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Flippy needs to start an elite WR Facebook conversation to rival the elite QB Facebook conversation.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...you arent going to get anything straight of you can't understand the fact that Batch under threw him twice on deep balls, several times threw behind him, and also under threw him in the flat/sidelines a few times. But hey...hate all you want. When your QB throws a blistering 19 MPH and it is a wobbling duck that dies have way to you what do you expect?

Funny, I saw Mike Wallace get behind the secondary twice today. Any halfway descent QB has two TD's on those. But it's all Wallace's fault.

Mike Wallace was a 3rd round pick from a not so major University What I see is a player who has gone way beyond the original expectations for him.
    Yes, he's gone beyond expectations. And, I agree that he is not to blame for the loss. He didn't play well, but we also missed opportunities to get him the ball when he did get open.

However, Wallace has never high-pointed the ball well nor drawn interference through body position well. It hardly matters where Wallace came from at this point. He has been in the league for 4 years. He should be improving in these areas.

I'm a Wallace fan. I like him. He seems like a good guy personally. Still, some simple tweaks to his game could yield big results and lead to us winning more games. I'm disappointed that he is not more aggressive when the ball is in the air.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

I still don't understand how you break off a deep route while running full speed past the defense and are some how responsible for coming back to an under thrown ball by about 5- 10 yards and beat a defender who already has position on you because the pass was that bad. This borders on laughable at some point to blame the WR for a QBs ineptitude.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Wally: Hey Ben. Hey Ben. You saw me run right by those guys right.

Ben: Yes Mike you were fast.

Wally: That's right I'm fast. You might want to mention it to Charlie for me. I'm an elite WR and only talk to elite players.

Ben: Roger that Mike.

Wally: Hey Coach. Hey Coach. You might wanna remind Mr Rooney I ran by those guys right there.

Mike T: Should I tell him you ran by the ball too?

Wally: Yep, you tell him Charlie's a limp wristed chump and I'm the greatest WR ever. With a good QB I woulda scored and you know it coach.

Mike T: So you ran by the ball on purpose.

Wally: Yep so you can see why Young Money needs to see it rain.

Mike T: Anything else you want me to tell him.

Wally: Yeah coach, yeah. Tell him that an Elite WR needs an Elite QB. And if Mr Rooney wants to get the best out of his investment, give me Ben's contract and then go get Aaron Rodgers to throw me the ball.

Mike T: You want me to tell Mr Rooney to get rid of Ben.

Wally: Yep.

Mike T: You one trick crazy.

Wally: And tell him I need an elite coach. Elite WRs need Elite coaches.

Mike T: Let me run that by him.

Wally: Yeah. Yeah. That's it. Tell Mr Rooney I run right by him too.
    you crack me up flippy...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I have been critical of Wallace at times this season, but to try to blame him for Pi$$ poor throws by Batch is just about as backwards as it gets. You are paying Wallace for his blistering speed, to run past defenders and get open and catch the homerun ball. He DID just that. He got open, but the ancient QB under threw him by 5-10 yards. And you want to blast him for now stopping and coming back for the ball? The defenders were in a better position to to make a play because they were beaten and trailing Mike and the ball was thrown to THEM, not MIKE. Come on guys, it's frustrating, but try to see things for what they are. Batch couldn't even throw a spiral in the first half and he has no arm left. Where's your Mr. Batch, you need to retire letter?
    Sorry Jooser but I'm the complete opposite of you. I'm normally a Wallace defender but in a game where players have to step it up due to all the injuries this team has he was very lackadasical. Wallace, as the receiver, is the first to see the ball in the air. If he can't put the brakes on and then use his supposed high vertical leaping ability to at least knock the ball down he needs to re-evaluate the class of receiver he is. Maybe he ought to watch some tapes of a guy who was a master at that ... Randy Moss. He often would slow up and then out jump the defender for the ball.

I've never thought of Wallace as "elite" but I did think he was the next level down. He was starting to run all the routes and make all the plays but this year he has seriously declined. I don't recall him ever dropping as many passes as he has this year. Hell, I didn't even blame him for not making a play on the ball Lefty short-hopped to him last week. But this week, when we needed people to step up, he didn't catch the short pass a little behind him that was intercepted and the two deep balls he didn't fight for. He HAS to do better if he wants to stay on this team. Otherwise start Sanders and Brown (when healthy) and use Wallace as the 3rd receiver like in his rookie year.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah Wally needed to soup can the Browns DBs. Elite WRs can eat soup off guys heads too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree the the pass he dropped was on him. But guys, the long ball wasn't just a little short, it was very short. Charlie Batch took full responsibility for that one. The momentum is on the side of the defenders because they didn't have to adjust and put the brakes on like Wallace would've had to. He would have needed a 6 foot vertical to win that one after changing direction and losing all of his momentum.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION