Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Wants More than Fitz

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    To be fair he's being abused left, right & center by people that don't know him. He's hardly flipping his lid- but he's reacting for sure.

Perhaps if people didn't think that social media was open licence to abuse 'celebrities', we wouldn't have these kinds of reaction?
    Don't ya just hate when people give you half the story
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    To be fair he's being abused left, right & center by people that don't know him. He's hardly flipping his lid- but he's reacting for sure.

Perhaps if people didn't think that social media was open licence to abuse 'celebrities', we wouldn't have these kinds of reaction?
    If athletes/stars can't handle the criticism (whether it's justified or not) then they shouldn't be ON twitter in the first place. If all else fails, you can ban the people who deserve it and move on. Don't stoop to their level by getting into it on any social media source.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    If athletes/stars can't handle the criticism (whether it's justified or not) then they shouldn't be ON twitter in the first place. If all else fails, you can ban the people who deserve it and move on. Don't stoop to their level by getting into it on any social media source.
    It's not actually critisism Gal, it's abuse. Should he ban them? Probably.

Your argument opens up the whole "how much are celebrities allowed to lead their own lives" thing...really, Wallace should be able to hold a social media account without the fear of being told to "f-off" by people reacting to news stories. It's a bit harsh.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Mentioning Mike Wallace in the same sentence as Larry Fitzgerald as equals (based on salary only) makes me do this and then rofl.gif

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No offense to you Steelgal, but thats such an antiquatted notion that I hear quite often. Twitter (i.e. social media) is like rock'n roll in the 50's, or whatever the hell they did in the 60's, or 70's, or etc. It is what it is, and you can't fault a young guy/gal for partaking in it.

Having said that, you would like your professional athletes to not resort to going DOWN into the mud with fans. I've always wondered why people in superior positions (as it relates to this situation... not saying pro athletes are superior beings) would lower themselves to that level. THAT I certainly can understand criticizing him (and Pouncey for that matter). It's immaturity run amuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Man I HATE TWITTER. I am 34 so maybe it is sign of getting old.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chadman and Shoe, I agree with both of your views. Most of the time it's nice being able to interact with your favorite players on a closer-than-usual level like that. I agree that no fans or anyone should be abusing MW like that. It's really a sad reality that some would do that. I just think if you agree to put yourself out there, that you should know not all of it's going to be positive and deal with it better than that. But I guess I need to remember MW is much younger than I am and with age comes more tolerance/not-giving-a-crap about others opinions.

Legend

User Info Menu

IIRC, it wasn't long after Santonio, on social media, told a fan to go kill himself that he found himself traded to the Jest. Of course, he had some prior "baggage," but I don't think the Rooneys are very tolerant when it comes to this type of behavior.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I have no sympathy for Mike Wallace or any other player that gets backlash from the fans on sites like Twitter.

They know exactly what they're doing just like the fans do.... it's a 2 way street. If MW or other players don't like it, then they should switch to other technological alternatives that are different than Twitter.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Or, if they don't like it, they can tell fans to blow them...

I have no problem with it at all...

If the fan doesn't like it, they can just as easily choose not to read MW's tweets...