Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers showed Black and Gold heart and backbone to finish the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

the question is...did it buy tomlin a few more years? How many does he have to lose next year to be on the hot seat?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    The 6-2 finish probably saved Haley's job. I'm OK with it....
    And Ben had one of his best seasons ever. With an injured, barely pro-level O-line like that!

Somebody's got to take the blame for the amazingly good turnaround of the Offense this season ... may as well be the O-coordinator, why not, right!

BTW - I just did a genealogy check - Ryan Succop is Scott Norwood's (aka, the original "Mr. Wide Right"!) 2nd cousin!!!

OK, I'm just kidding about that, but I swear this is from his Wikipedia entry at the current time (it may be edited later, right?):

"He became the 2009 [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Irrelevant"]Mr. Irrelevant[/URL] by virtue of being selected by the Chiefs with the final pick of the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft"]2009 NFL Draft[/URL]. "

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Rookie

User Info Menu

I agree. Could have packed it in after 0-4 start. Finished out the season nicely.
    I had no hope at the start of this day but now I am PISSED. All of the missed opportunities. Ugh.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    the question is...did it buy tomlin a few more years? How many does he have to lose next year to be on the hot seat?
    12. The only way Tomlin needs to worry about his job is if the Steelers lose 12+ games next year. Even then he only needs to worry about being on the hot seat.....unless they go 0-16 it's unlikely the Rooneys will do anything about him.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    And Ben had one of his best seasons ever. With an injured, barely pro-level O-line like that!

Somebody's got to take the blame for the amazingly good turnaround of the Offense this season ... may as well be the O-coordinator, why not, right!

BTW - I just did a genealogy check - Ryan Succop is Scott Norwood's (aka, the original "Mr. Wide Right"!) 2nd cousin!!!

OK, I'm just kidding about that, but I swear this is from his Wikipedia entry at the current time (it may be edited later, right?):

"He became the 2009 [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Irrelevant"]Mr. Irrelevant[/URL] by virtue of being selected by the Chiefs with the final pick of the [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft"]2009 NFL Draft[/URL]. "

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    I still give them a C- grade. Someone also has to take the blame for the 2-6 start. 8-8 is so unfulfilling.

Legend

User Info Menu

the 2-6 start is primarily on the coaches...due to lack of preparation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Shades View Post
    12. The only way Tomlin needs to worry about his job is if the Steelers lose 12+ games next year. Even then he only needs to worry about being on the hot seat.....unless they go 0-16 it's unlikely the Rooneys will do anything about him.
    Well the Rooney's stated Tomlin's job was safe in 2014. Let's hope we are not having this discussion again at this time next year.

Backup

User Info Menu

the 2-6 start is primarily on the coaches...due to lack of preparation.
    You are absolutely right ... forget about Pouncey going down on snap number 8; forget about an offense missing Heath, Spaeth and Bell ... forget about Foote being lost for the season .. forget about Allen's injuries .. it was all coaching ... they didn't have to readjust on the fly and coach up inferior players to play at an adequate level. How dare they not have a team relying on second and in some instances THIRD string players ready to go immediately. But hey, I guess that means the 6-2 finish is on the coaches too ...

Backup

User Info Menu

Well the Rooney's stated Tomlin's job was safe in 2014. Let's hope we are not having this discussion again at this time next year.
    "WE" can have this discussion as much as "WE" want to ... however "WE" will not make the final decision ... so it really doesn't matter what "WE" have to say good or bad.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    "WE" can have this discussion as much as "WE" want to ... however "WE" will not make the final decision ... so it really doesn't matter what "WE" have to say good or bad.
    You would be surprised how much influence "WE" have.