Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

I would've bet Mendy for sure.

[URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1622798-mike-wallace-apologizes-for-insensitive-tweet-made-after-jason-collins-comes-out[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I didn't have any problem with what he said. It's pretty stupid that someone can be pressured like this if they don't fall in line with the PC police.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why be surprised it's Wallace?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I didn't have any problem with what he said. It's pretty stupid that someone can be pressured like this if they don't fall in line with the PC police.
    It's the whole if you don't have anything nice to say, why say anything. Especially when you're famous and have lots of followers. If there's nothing wrong with it why apologize?

Be a douche in the locker room with your buddies. Or on planetsteelers. Etc.

But to put a comment out there on twitter, you have to know enough people are gonna see it that someone's gonna complain. As a society we can't discuss anything openly and honestly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why be surprised it's Wallace?
    Because he's probably too busy still counting his money.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    That was funny
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

You never count your money when you're typing on the Twitter.
    They'll be time enough for countin', when the tweeting's done.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    You never count your money when you're typing on the Twitter.
    They'll be time enough for countin', when the tweeting's done.
    I didn't see it going there. Nice

I always though Kenny was an underrated actor after seeing Six Pack. It was his only movie, but he can always say he was in a movie with Diane Lane.

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't see it going there. Nice

I always though Kenny was an underrated actor after seeing Six Pack. It was his only movie, but he can always say he was in a movie with Diane Lane.
    I'm not sure why you're so quick to dismiss the 5 appearances as Brady Hawkes in The Gambler movies or 2 as MacShayne but in my book TV movies are still movies!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Would you be cool with it if a white athlete made thinly veiled racist remarks?

Because it's the same thing.