Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Jets are practicing the No-Huddle, WildCat, Read-Option...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    watch out, posters here will be soon telling you to root for another team you naysayer you.
    I certainly will.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    watch out, posters here will be soon telling you to root for another team you naysayer you.
    Well, that's their problem too if it gets to that point. I'm bummed, I live for football season and that is just the way it is. I could have handled it had this been any game except for the first of the season. To me and all the talk that came from the coach/players this means to me that, the coaches are not aware of their own teams short comings. If they thought this team was ready for the opener they were wrong. Heck, if they thought they, the coaches were ready for the opener they were even more wrong.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This is nothing new. The sky was falling back in 2002 (actually, it was, cuz the Steeler D could stop no one in the passing game that year) when Rich Gannon shredded the vaunted steeler D for over 400 yards.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'm very very worried about my Jets with this upcoming game vs. the Steelers. Although the game you guys played vs. the Broncos was very entertaining, looking at two HOF quarterbacks going at it, I was SORELY hoping you guys would win the game. Playing the Steelers: On the road + home opener + getting players back (Clark, Harrison, Mendenhall?) + Revis may not be 100%, + knowing the Steelers haven't gone 0-2 since 2002 = Me being more frightened than Scooby-Doo confronted with the episode's villain. Still, I want the win...although I don't expect it. Hope it's an exciting game with no one getting hurt.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did it occur to anyone that perhaps Denver playing in the same division as KC and Haley bringing his offense from KC actually helped the Donks in their defensive gameplan?
    We had a 2nd yr CB, a replacement safety, a new defensive captain, a new nickel back, a missing Pro Bowl LB all in the first game of the season. My, our expectations are very high....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Did it occur to anyone that perhaps Denver playing in the same division as KC and Haley bringing his offense from KC actually helped the Donks in their defensive gameplan?
    We had a 2nd yr CB, a replacement safety, a new defensive captain, a new nickel back, a missing Pro Bowl LB all in the first game of the season. My, our expectations are very high....
    actually, yes it did occur to me which is why I predicted we would lose this game. there were so many factors stacked against us, I think we will fare much better at home this Sunday against the Jets.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Mark Sanchez IS NOT Peyton Manning. 'Nuf said.
    Neither is T-Bone, i hope he gets a few snaps at QB with his wildcat or whatever they let him run.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It could have worked in Haley's favor too but, it did not. Your right about all the mishaps we had going for us and I seen a lot of holdoing from the Broncos and especially on their touchdown plays. Suisham also got run into after a fieldgoal attempt and it went un-noticed by the refs. Maybe it did, maybe it didn't but I seem to remember that's a penalty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Well, that's their problem too if it gets to that point. I'm bummed, I live for football season and that is just the way it is. I could have handled it had this been any game except for the first of the season. To me and all the talk that came from the coach/players this means to me that, the coaches are not aware of their own teams short comings. If they thought this team was ready for the opener they were wrong. Heck, if they thought they, the coaches were ready for the opener they were even more wrong.
    It's ok to be bummed, irritated and the like. What gets old is season after season seeing over reactions to ONE game....sometimes less. People calling for 8-8...calling for Arians to come back, calling for Lebeau's head etc gets old, and certainly doesn't enhance the enjoyment of the game. Now, if a few of y'all want to get your panties in a bunch because I don't want to read a bunch of chicken little posts...welp sorry.

The fact is this...we are a good team who played a C+ game when we needed to bring at least an A- to win in a hostile enviroment. Lets call it what it is rather than losing our minds. If we go 0-6, then lets revisit all of this...and maybe I'll agree with all the pessimissm. Right now, I see nothing to make me think the Steelers won't make the playoffs...yet again.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eifmp View Post
    I'm very very worried about my Jets with this upcoming game vs. the Steelers. Although the game you guys played vs. the Broncos was very entertaining, looking at two HOF quarterbacks going at it, I was SORELY hoping you guys would win the game. Playing the Steelers: On the road + home opener + getting players back (Clark, Harrison, Mendenhall?) + Revis may not be 100%, + knowing the Steelers haven't gone 0-2 since 2002 = Me being more frightened than Scooby-Doo confronted with the episode's villain. Still, I want the win...although I don't expect it. Hope it's an exciting game with no one getting hurt.
    Go root for another team you naysayer you!!! Oh, wait...you do root for another team. Sorry bout that. I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky kids!

Welcome to the board...always like it when we get knowledgeable fans from opposing teams visiting our forum (except for the internet tough guys who just come to stir things up).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.