Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Lamar Woodley has to eat Crow

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rockonsteel View Post
    Nah, Mr. Burgh. We can't have the 49ers winning. That would tie them with us for 6 rings. We just can't have that.

As much as it pains me to type this.....GO RAVENS!!!

Rockon
    Here's the thing:

We all remember when the Steelers actually had fewer championships than other teams...it was unpleasant, but we lived through it and the Steelers made things right in thhat area...

If Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh get a ring (not to mention Ray-Ray getting another!), that will never go away...it can never be made right...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Here's the thing:

We all remember when the Steelers actually had fewer championships than other teams...it was unpleasant, but we lived through it and the Steelers made things right in thhat area...

If Joe Flacco and John Harbaugh get a ring (not to mention Ray-Ray getting another!), that will never go away...it can never be made right...
    We have a lot of opportunities to make it right every season since the Ravens are in our division.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I disagree...Polamalu is/was the key...

The Steelers win/loss record without Polamalu is skewed much worse than without Harrison...

I forgot about Troy and why not, he seldom plays. Okay so to be more correct/accurate, Troy and James carried the defense. Not to take this thread in a different direction I would like to ask this question: Do you guys think James will be back next seasons and if so, would it be a restructured contract ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    I forgot about Troy and why not, he seldom plays. Okay so to be more correct/accurate, Troy and James carried the defense. Not to take this thread in a different direction I would like to ask this question: Do you guys think James will be back next seasons and if so, would it be a restructured contract ?
    Although it looks slim now of him staying, its not a sure thing he won't be here. If JH is willing to restructure his contract the possibility will exist of him staying. I doubt James would play for another team and just retire if it doesn't work out. I think they also will restructure Troy's, and knowing Troy he would be open to it, especially with his injury history.

Harrison is a difference maker and it showed when he wasn't in there. I hope somehow he will be here, its going to be tough to replace the Silverback.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We have a lot of opportunities to make it right every season since the Ravens are in our division.
    Once they have the ring, that's it...it doesn't go away...

Legend

User Info Menu

Once they have the ring, that's it...it doesn't go away...
    I don't care if they get a ring... all it does is heighten the rivalry IMO.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Woodley stated Flacco would never see a SB, well Flacco's living it. It would be good advice for Lamar to worry more about his play recently than Joe Flacco. Lamar got what a 65 mil contract, time to earn it, his play was disappointing and no wonder our pass rush suffered.
    Flacco still has to win the Superbowl. Going to the Superbowl and not being crowned champion just makes you the first loser.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Flacco still has to win the Superbowl. Going to the Superbowl and not being crowned champion just makes you the first loser.
    Which is what I am hoping for...I want to see them walk off that field totally deflated. Flacco still got there so his contract demands will be high and hurt their cap. They will be without their spiritual messiah next year. I want to watch the Ravens lose. I could care less if SF has 6 titles. We still have the most AFC titles.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Which is what I am hoping for...I want to see them walk off that field totally deflated. Flacco still got there so his contract demands will be high and hurt their cap. They will be without their spiritual messiah next year. I want to watch the Ravens lose. I could care less if SF has 6 titles. We still have the most AFC titles.
    I am looking forward to seeing Ray Lewis reaction to losing this game. Unlike Brady the statue, how are they going to stop Kaepernick? Kap's passing is getting better and better by the week. Jim is also a better coach than John.

49'ers also have a much better D than the Patriots. Might be a good game, but 49'ers will pull away in the end.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

LaMarr didn't make these comments recently...they were made before the season and dug up by the "journalist" who submitted the article...

I'm sure that, now, after the season, LaMarr is more worried about his pay recently...

fixed that for you