Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Fire Tomlin

OK, I know, this is a totally reactionary response to today's loss, and tomorrow, I'll probably want to go back on it ...but today, I'm thinking it's time to can MT. This team was just not prepared for the Raiders game. It's getting to be an all-too-common occurrence. And I'm tired of hearing excuses about Tomlin's clock management. He's coached how many years, and he still doesn't get it? He never will. He can hit the road. And he can take the golf coach with him.

And as far as our vaunted defense? The Raiders have one of the worst O-lines in the league...and we couldn't do any better than that? LeBeau can start collecting his pension.

Plenty of players who ought to be fired, too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There talking about DL on the postgame radio broadcast, basically saying the defense was playing like they wasn't prepared. 10 yd cushion makes even the worst QB look good. He should be the first to get canned. And if Tomlin can't can him or Haley, the Rooneys need to can him.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

They new we couldn't defend the read option... and they made us pay.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

SteelDork needs to get over the Steelers problem being the "10 yard cushion" .... Tomlin needs to go b/c he can't develop players. I'm just not seeing players getting better....everyone's a "project" on this team.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

IMO, the next couple of seasons is where the rubber meets the road. MT, has been considered a great coach by many. But, as the Cowher regimes leadership left, MT has struggled to put together solid teams. This season is now over. MT, can still salvage future seasons by righting the ship now. While I believe Tomlin's job is safe...not sure he can have two losing seasons in a row and keep his job. This is where good coaches prove they are great coaches. Many eyes including the ownership will be watching closely.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    SteelDork needs to get over the Steelers problem being the "10 yard cushion" .... Tomlin needs to go b/c he can't develop players. I'm just not seeing players getting better....everyone's a "project" on this team.
    Aren't the coordinators and their coaches the ones who are suppose to be developing the players and debveloping schemes and gameplans to maximize the abilities of the playewrs we actually have?

I'd fire them before the head coach.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    IMO, the next couple of seasons is where the rubber meets the road. MT, has been considered a great coach by many. But, as the Cowher regimes leadership left, MT has struggled to put together solid teams. This season is now over. MT, can still salvage future seasons by righting the ship now. While I believe Tomlin's job is safe...not sure he can have two losing seasons in a row and keep his job. This is where good coaches prove they are great coaches. Many eyes including the ownership will be watching closely.
    He hasn't had a losing season yet as head coach!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Aren't the coordinators and their coaches the ones who are suppose to be developing the players and debveloping schemes and gameplans to maximize the abilities of the playewrs we actually have?

I'd fire them before the head coach.
    We know you would. You would have fired Lebeau 2 Lombardis and 3 SB appearances ago.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He hasn't had a losing season yet as head coach!
    No, just a couple of 8-8 seasons. This will be his first losing season. So in 7 seasons he gets to the SB twice, to the playoffs twice more, and then puts in three stinkers, only now the stinkers are coming on fast and thick and are getting worse..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The team didn't come prepared to play. IMO, that is on the coaching staff. While Tomlin is obviously at the head of that, what is very clear is that a 70-something year old coordinator just can't cut it. Before we even look at us today, look at how the Cowboys (Monte Kiffin) lose. A couple weeks back, they lost a game in which they scored 48 points. This week, they lose a game where (they give 329 yards up to one WR) they basically sat back and let Detroit drive the field on them on the last series...

Flash back to our game. We come into an entirely winnable game... with the memory of a one-dimensional QB (Tebow) abusing us just two years ago in the playoffs... and we let him go 93 yards on us in the first minute of the game. I must have glanced away for JUST A SECOND, because the next thing I look up, the Raiders have the ball back and on our side of the field AGAIN (if someone can please advise, please tell me how that happened)... and they proceed to score two more TOUCHDOWNS in the half. That was basically the game.

Pryor is a terrible passer. So was Tebow. How we let two one-dimensional QBs dictate to us is beyond me. A lack of talent can be blamed, but again, scheming can take that away, when you are facing a limited offense as we faced today (and two years ago in Denver).

As much as I would like to blame Tomlin (and I still do, to an extent), it is obvious to me that this was on the defense.