Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: That was the worst our offense looked since a 15-6 loss to Philly in week 3 of 2008.

Legend

User Info Menu

That was the worst our offense looked since a 15-6 loss to Philly in week 3 of 2008.

Remember that game?

Ben was 13-25 for 131 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT (50.6 rating).

He was replaced by Leftwich who was 4-7 for 60 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT (85.4 rating).

Willie Parker ran 13 times for 20 yards (1.5 ypc average).

The offensive line gave up 9 sacks (Ben was sacked 8 times and Byron once more).

The game this weekend felt pretty bad, but I recall that game against the Eagles feeling even worse.

I remember the dispair following that game, thinking that this team had zero chance of success with this offense, and this offensive line in particular.

What happened after that game? Well, our next game was against a division rival on Monday night football (sound familiar?). Back then, we beat Baltimore in overtime, 23-20, and were off and running toward a 12-4 regular season record, culminating in our 6th Super Bowl victory. Yup, that mindblowingly pathetic early season offense was the one that drove us down field in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl for the Ben-to-Santonio toe-tapping "that's how you be great" finale. So there still is hope.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

I don't understand the reasoning behind trying to correlate a game that happened 5 years ago, playing a much better team, and what happened Sunday. I remember last year when the Steelers lost to horrible horrible teams and they went 8-8. Isn't that more of a correlation to the game Sunday?

Legend

User Info Menu

We're gonna have to make a little history this time around to get to the SuperBowl. We've never lost the opener and end up in the big show.

Banned

User Info Menu

No Ben wasn't replaced. Replaced implies he was benched. He was injured when an Eagles linemen stepped on his hand.

Leftwich came in against a prevent in a two score game, completed some passes, but even he got hit on a few passes.

But this team isn't that team. That offense cared about winning. This offense cares about making Ben a man-slave.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussianCrash View Post
    No Ben wasn't replaced. Replaced implies he was benched. He was injured when an Eagles linemen stepped on his hand.

Leftwich came in against a prevent in a two score game, completed some passes, but even he got hit on a few passes.

But this team isn't that team. That offense cared about winning. This offense cares about making Ben a man-slave.

(Sorry for the duplicates, I had only planned to put one of those, but the forum engine said it needed 10 characters before it would accept my post )

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

And what would be the worse that could happen if the man-slave revolted and started doing things his way? I mean seriously, I can see Ben going all "Broken Arrow" if Haley's play calling/game planning don't improve.

Banned

User Info Menu

I believe at some point if this continues that Ben will do one of two things:

1. Jeff George v June Jones, then Rooney can suspend him, then he goes.

2. Ben after the season "retires" like Carson Palmer did until he is traded or released.

Either way, IMO that's what Art II wants. He's just waiting for the right moment that Ben can be the bad guy first.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe at some point if this continues that Ben will do one of two things:

1. Jeff George v June Jones, then Rooney can suspend him, then he goes.

2. Ben after the season "retires" like Carson Palmer did until he is traded or released.

Either way, IMO that's what Art II wants.
    He's just waiting for the right moment that Ben can be the bad guy first.
    I can't help myself here, so ... *Why* do you think Art II wants to lose the guy that fills the seats in his stadium?

Banned

User Info Menu

There's an 18 year waiting list for tickets. Do you really think those people given the chance aren't going to take them when offered?

If the 1980's didn't back out Steelers games, a post Ben era rebuilding job won't either.

Leave me alone mods, I'm running out of nationalities and we have good discussions going.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianCrash View Post
    There's an 18 year waiting list for tickets. Do you really think those people given the chance aren't going to take them when offered?

If the 1980's didn't back out Steelers games, a post Ben era rebuilding job won't either.

Leave me alone mods, I'm running out of nationalities and we have good discussions going.
    Interesting line of reasoning, SilesianCrash, but it did *not* say why ARTII would *WANT* Ben to be gone (rather, it tried to give a convincing reason why he wouldn't mind if Ben *DID* go, not the same of course).