Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Players the Steelers have met or have shown interest in.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

what is more pressing business?

and surely you are not suggesting watching a taped interview is the same as sitting down across from a person.

all the other coaches seem to feel its important enough to be there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    what is more pressing business?

and surely you are not suggesting watching a taped interview is the same as sitting down across from a person.

all the other coaches seem to feel its important enough to be there.
    I know that. But are we making too much of something that is not a big deal. Colbert does the heavy lifting with the draft. Anyone who pretends otherwise is fooling themselves.

Do we really know he is not there? He doesn't speak at the podium at the combine. That is not new.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    What does he need to see live and in person? Everything is taped and the interviews are taped as well I am sure. Is there really a reason for him to be there?
    Maybe since he's the freakin' HC, he should want to see these guys in person. You could also argue that Tomlin is being removed or limited from the player evaluation/personnel side.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

he should be there. Period and end of discussion.

unless he has family issues or something of that nature.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Maybe since he's the freakin' HC, he should want to see these guys in person. You could also argue that Tomlin is being removed or limited from the player evaluation/personnel side.
    There will be plenty of interviews in person at pro days, and with players invited to interview at Pittsburgh.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    There will be plenty of interviews in person at pro days, and with players invited to interview at Pittsburgh.
    #1 - There is a limit on the amount of players they can bring to Pittsburgh

#2 - He won't be able to make all pro days. Some schedules will conflict with others.

IF he isn't there, it's unacceptable IMO... or there must be some other reason like a very serious personal reason or him being removed from draft process.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I think that is the best news I've heard so far. Really! Maybe the FO does have a clue.... Can't rely on Ben.
    I agree with you that developing a young backup for Ben should be a priority, but not a first or second round priority.

Rookie

User Info Menu

My understanding is that Tomlin is in attendance, but will not be meeting with any media. Colbert is the Steelers' designated representative to the media.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Geno Smith QB WVU met with the Steelers as well. Add that to your list. He will be long gone before we pick at 17 though.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Well they may want to meet with D Moore since he is having a terrible combine. I didn't think there was a chance in hell he would be there at #17. They say "hamstring" in his 4.95/40 - 1.69/10. 12 on the bench? Wow...He is looking like Warmack at the combine. Looks like Tarzan on tape...Works out like Jane.

only 12 reps on the bench press is totally unacceptable, no thanks...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha