Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lebeau can't leave fast enough...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clark was very significant in today's game. Good to have him back. The aggressive play turned the game, and our D dictated its will upon the Jests.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well I thought the same when we were getting torched with our DBs 10 yards off the ball.
    Lebeau made adjustments and changed my thoughts quickly.
    Glad Tomlins making the decisions and not me and you yahooos....LOL

Legend

User Info Menu

LeBeau's critics will be silent this week but ready to jump all over him after the next loss. It's as predictable as death and taxes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    LeBeau's critics will be silent this week but ready to jump all over him after the next loss. It's as predictable as death and taxes.
    It would be kind of hard for them to say too much this week. The D only had 10 points scored on them, 90 yards rushing against them and the opposing QB had a sub 70 rating. Some will argue that the O keeping the ball for the amount of time they did helped. I won't argue against that, but there were no 4th quarter meltdowns today.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Instead of the read-and-react and soft cushion zones used when then gave up points, the adjustments that the Steelers D came with in the 2nd half were exceptional ... press coverage and blitzes coming from everywhere. Cudos to Lebeau and the players. Having Clark present was big - he was highly effective. The Steeler D exerted its will upon the Jets, Sanchize was rattled into a 66.6 QB rating, and the game became an easy victory.

Legend

User Info Menu

If there is any coordinator in the league that can adjust a game plan it is LeBeau. Usually it doesn't happen until half time, but today's game he didn't even wait that long.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    If there is any coordinator in the league that can adjust a game plan it is LeBeau. Usually it doesn't happen until half time, but today's game he didn't even wait that long.
    Funny there are some on this board that argue Saint LeBeau doesnt know how to adjust ... and if he just played the defense the way they think he should, we would be so much better than #1 year after year.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

what happened, I thought the other team always scores on LeBeau's defense right after our offense scores?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Thats because he didn't coach "scared" this week. After the initial drive he got aggressive and we saw more blitzes than we have in a long time. Timmons was sent at least half a dozen times. Thats always been the issue. Good QB like Manning play scared, average QB like Sanchez play aggressive. We have to be aggressive all the time to do our best. Let's hope that we see the attacking style we saw on Sunday the rest of the season.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel View Post
    Funny there are some on this board that argue Saint LeBeau doesnt know how to adjust ... and if he just played the defense the way they think he should, we would be so much better than #1 year after year.

Never an issue of "doesn't know" but too many time "it is an issue of "won't." yesterday he did and look how great the result was. Sending more on blitzes especially Timmons on the inside. That is how we have to play to be great.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"